[comp.sys.mac.misc] Mac LC, why the delay

palmer@nntp-server.caltech.edu (David Palmer) (10/16/90)

I was looking at a glossy promo for the new Macs.  Under the LC, it
said that it did not have FCC approval, and that they couldn't sell it
until it got it.

They also said the LC wouldn't be available until February

--
		David Palmer
		palmer@gap.cco.caltech.edu

gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (10/17/90)

In article <1990Oct16.163136.5246@nntp-server.caltech.edu> palmer@nntp-server.caltech.edu (David Palmer) writes:

>I was looking at a glossy promo for the new Macs.  Under the LC, it
>said that it did not have FCC approval, and that they couldn't sell it
>until it got it.
>
>They also said the LC wouldn't be available until February

	Apple had originally planned to release the LC with built-in 4-bit
color but, due to market pressure, decided to go with 8-bit.  According
to the sources I have, the delay is related to re-engineering the LC
motherboard for 8-bit color, and getting the FCC approval for the new
motherboard design.

| Jim Gaynor - The Ohio State Univ. - IRCC - Facilities Mgmt. - OCES  <whew!> |
| Email [gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu], [gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu] |
|_  "Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl; because it hurts like hell..."  _|