[comp.sys.mac.misc] Old Macs and new sounds

jtl@humanist.uio.no (Jan Tore Loenning) (10/16/90)

Does anyone know whether
     - my old mac (IIx)
     - with the new software (sys 6.07/HC 2.0/etc.) that comes with the
       new macs
     - and a microphone, e.g. MacRecorder (are there other options, by the
       way?)
will give me the same fun as the new machines?

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (10/17/90)

In article <1990Oct16.125413.17884@ulrik.uio.no> jtl@humanist.uio.no (Jan Tore Loenning) writes:
>Does anyone know whether
>     - my old mac (IIx)
>     - with the new software (sys 6.07/HC 2.0/etc.) that comes with the
>       new macs
>     - and a microphone, e.g. MacRecorder (are there other options, by the
>       way?)
>will give me the same fun as the new machines?

  Re:  MacRecorder -- There are other options, but Farallon is a GREAT
company and MacRecorder is a GREAT product.

  The latest version of the MacRecorder, 2.0.2, includes the driver
necessary to make your MacRecorder work with the new sound input facilities
in Sys. 6.0.7.

-- Mark Wilkins
--
*******     "Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude!"    **********
*  Mark R. Wilkins   wilkins@jarthur.claremont.edu   {uunet}!jarthur!wilkins  *

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (10/17/90)

jtl@humanist.uio.no (Jan Tore Loenning) writes:

> Does anyone know whether
>      - my old mac (IIx)
>      - with the new software (sys 6.07/HC 2.0/etc.) that comes with the
>        new macs
>      - and a microphone, e.g. MacRecorder (are there other options, by the
>        way?)
> will give me the same fun as the new machines?

Yes, your IIx with a MacRecorder can do the same.

John