[comp.sys.mac.misc] Apple's televised product announcement

sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) (10/17/90)

A) Would someone from Apple please either confirm or deny that Woz was driving
   the go-cart carrying one exec and a IIsi into the auditorium? If it
   wasn't Woz, it was a pretty good look-alike....

B) What is Apple going to do when the NeXT folks take the NeXTstation and do a
   comparision like the IIsi was compared with the (assumed) PS/2 model 70?

   "Well, we wanted to add Ethernet, so that's a slot...and Moto DSP
    processing...oops, we're now out of slots, but we still have to add support
    for multipixel (1124 by 7xx greyscale)....now, we have a 68040, which
    includes a math co-processor and MMU on-chip; with the SI you have to
    add that slot first...OK, so you're screwed if you need to add something
    on a board after that, but don't we look good in black?"

brandonl@gold.GVG.TEK.COM (Brandon Lovested) (10/18/90)

In article <0093E52B.369ED600@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU> sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) writes:
>A) Would someone from Apple please either confirm or deny that Woz was driving
>   the go-cart carrying one exec and a IIsi into the auditorium? If it
>   wasn't Woz, it was a pretty good look-alike....

Sure as hell looked like him...