[comp.sys.mac.misc] netnews reader 1.2.1 and HyperCard 2.0

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct18.161028.355@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> drz@po.CWRU.Edu
(David R. Zinkin) writes:
> On the subject of early HyperCard versions and System 6.0.7,
> I've found at least one HyperCard stack -- the NetNews Reader I
> used to use -- which will *not* run when converted to HC 2.0
> format.

Even as I type, I'm using the nifty netnews reader stack with HyperCard
2.0. No problems, although the alleged speedup in HyperTalk is making no
perceptible speed difference here. I guess a lot of it is XCMDs. If anyone
sees a new version of this stack specifically for HC 2.0, please post
here, or better yet, in c.s.m.comm and/or c.s.m.hypercard.

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard