[comp.sys.mac.misc] Hard Dish Problems....

goins@amy1.stanford.edu (daryl goins) (10/16/90)

Can someone help me?  I own a Mac Plus (4MB) two disk drives 20MB and
120MB, daisy-chained off my SCSI port (MAC to 20 to 120).  Yesterday
while shutting my system off I mistakenly turned of the 20 before the
mac completely shut down.  When I booted back up I found that 4 out of
5 of the partitions on my 120 are unreadable.  The exact error reads
    "this is not a macintosh dish.  INITIALIZE/CANCEL?".
The only partition that works is the system partition, so I know
the problam is with software.  I figure that when I turned off the
20 it shut down the SCSI port leaving some tables in an unreadable
state.  Does anyone know how I can repair thses files?
Can anyone help me?

--
Daryl M. Goins
goins@cs.stanford.edu

robin@csuchico.edu (Robin Goldstone) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct15.202403.27104@portia.Stanford.EDU> goins@amy1.stanford.edu (daryl goins) writes:

>Can someone help me?  I own a Mac Plus (4MB) two disk drives 20MB and
>120MB, daisy-chained off my SCSI port (MAC to 20 to 120).  Yesterday
>while shutting my system off I mistakenly turned of the 20 before the
>mac completely shut down.  When I booted back up I found that 4 out of
>5 of the partitions on my 120 are unreadable.  The exact error reads
>    "this is not a macintosh dish.  INITIALIZE/CANCEL?".

If you're having so many problems with your "hard dish" maybe you should
use a paper plate instead...