[comp.sys.mac.misc] SE expansion slot

rrwood@contact.uucp (roy wood) (10/22/90)

Does anyone know if there's an IBM PC-type emulator available for the Mac?
In particular, I'm interested in one that can be plugged into the expansion
slot of an SE.  Is this a ridiculous thought?

-Roy Wood.

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/23/90)

/* Written  2:59 pm  Oct 21, 1990 by rrwood@contact.uucp in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.mac.misc */
/* ---------- "SE expansion slot" ---------- */
Does anyone know if there's an IBM PC-type emulator available for the Mac?
In particular, I'm interested in one that can be plugged into the expansion
slot of an SE.  Is this a ridiculous thought?

There's SoftPC, a software-only emulator. For an SE it does 8086 emulation.
I'd heard of a card called Mac86, I think it worked with the SE (since there's
a Mac286 card for the II). I don't remember who sold it.

Mark Lanett

md41@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Marcus Dolengo) (10/23/90)

In article <143400035@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>/* Written  2:59 pm  Oct 21, 1990 by rrwood@contact.uucp in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.mac.misc */
>/* ---------- "SE expansion slot" ---------- */
>Does anyone know if there's an IBM PC-type emulator available for the Mac?
>In particular, I'm interested in one that can be plugged into the expansion
>slot of an SE.  Is this a ridiculous thought?
>

>There's SoftPC, a software-only emulator. For an SE it does 8086 emulation.
>I'd heard of a card called Mac86, I think it worked with the SE (since there's
>a Mac286 card for the II). I don't remember who sold it.
>
>Mark Lanett

I believe I saw something called PC Tools which allowed a Mac <even a mac
plus!> to emulate an MS-Dos computer and run such software. I dont know if
it emulated a 286/386/086 or whatever machine but it would mostlikely have
been an XT emulation. Oddly enough, I saw this program and heard about it when
I was looking at an A2000 running Amax ][. Nice paradox, 'eh?

 o                             o   | This Space For Rent             Amiga!! //
<< md41@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu >>  |                                     \\ //

Coming soon to a .sig near you- Quotes!