[comp.sys.mac.misc] Problems writing PostScript to a file

vladimir@prosper.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM (Vladimir G. Ivanovic) (10/24/90)

I am using the INIT LaserFix 1.0 by David P. Sumner to give me a Disk File
check box in the LaserWriter Print dialog box.  LaserFix seems to work fine,
but my Mac (essentially a 2 MB Plus running System 6.0.5) crashes with an
address error in a PDEF unless I perform a dance before hand.  In Word 4.0,
for instance, I have to save the file I want to `print' and disable the
graphics smoothing and the faster bitmap printing options in Page Setup before
I can successfully dump a PostScript file.  The reason I don't suspect
LaserFix is that I have the same problems with the Command-K or Command-L
tricks.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom to share?

-- Vladimir
   Vladimir G. Ivanovic				Sun Microsystems, Inc
   (415) 336-2315				2550 Garcia Avenue
   vladimir@Sun.COM				Mountain View, CA 94043-1100
   **** Disclaimer:  I speak only for myself.  Your mileage WILL vary.  ****

ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu (D. Daniel Sternbergh) (10/26/90)

In article <VLADIMIR.90Oct23193657@prosper.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM> vladimir@prosper.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM (Vladimir G. Ivanovic) writes:
>I am using the INIT LaserFix 1.0 by David P. Sumner to give me a Disk File
>check box in the LaserWriter Print dialog box.  LaserFix seems to work fine,
>but my Mac (essentially a 2 MB Plus running System 6.0.5) crashes with an
>address error in a PDEF unless I perform a dance before hand.

First suggestion would be to get LaserFix 2.0 from sumex (or
equivalent).

That may not solve the problem -- I've had problems with 2.0 crashing
my ci every time I move -- but it won't hurt, and 2.0 seems to work
fine on other machines.  I'm hoping for a 2.1 so I can use it, too.

  == Daniel ==                     Daniel Sternbergh
                                   ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu
                                  {decwrl|sun}!lindy.stanford.edu!ddaniel
                                   BITNET:  ddaniel%lindy@stanford