[comp.sys.mac.misc] mac+ accelerator

shapiro@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Brian Shapiro) (10/26/90)

I have just purchased a mac plus secondhand and would like to know
if there is/was an accelerator card for this machine. if such a card exists
how is it installed?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

brian

Brian Shapiro, Assistant Manager, Information Center
Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701
(614) 593-1517
shapiro@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu or SHAPIROB@OUACCVMA.BITNET
--

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/27/90)

/* ---------- "mac+ accelerator" ---------- */

I have just purchased a mac plus secondhand and would like to know
if there is/was an accelerator card for this machine. if such a card exists
how is it installed?

Plus accelerators must be attached directly to the processor, which requires
opening the machine and trying not to break pins, etc. MacUser ran a test
of accelerators recently--you can really speed up a plus (~5x)

scott@scotty (Scott Howard) (10/27/90)

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I have just purchased a mac plus secondhand and would like to know
>if there is/was an accelerator card for this machine. if such a card exists
>how is it installed?

If you get an accelerator, make sure you get a new power supply and fan
to go along with it, such as the Gemini Boards, (which I think swap out
the old motherboard as well instead of playing Radius' break the pins game.)