[comp.sys.mac.misc] Apple's $250 rebate

hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) (10/25/90)

I read in MacWeek a while back that Apple will have/has a $250 rebate
for those who buy a Mac and a monitor.  Does this only apply to end-
retail or can it apply to educational resellers?  I'm just curious
because some people have mentioned it here about (maybe?) getting the
rebate from their school reseller, but here at SC, they say it only
applies to non-educational sellers.  Which is true?

Henry (hhwong@usc.edu)

boris@world.std.com (Boris Levitin) (10/25/90)

hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) writes:

>I read in MacWeek a while back that Apple will have/has a $250 rebate
>for those who buy a Mac and a monitor.  Does this only apply to end-
>retail or can it apply to educational resellers?  I'm just curious
>because some people have mentioned it here about (maybe?) getting the
>rebate from their school reseller, but here at SC, they say it only
>applies to non-educational sellers.  Which is true?

It applies to all.

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (10/25/90)

From article <1990Oct25.063530.3430@world.std.com>, by boris@world.std.com (Boris Levitin):
| hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) writes:
|
|>I read in MacWeek a while back that Apple will have/has a $250 rebate
|>for those who buy a Mac and a monitor.  Does this only apply to end-
|>retail or can it apply to educational resellers?  I'm just curious
|>because some people have mentioned it here about (maybe?) getting the
|>rebate from their school reseller, but here at SC, they say it only
|>applies to non-educational sellers.  Which is true?
|
| It applies to all.

I think the educational "bundle" price (for Mac + color monitor) is
effectively the equivalent of getting the rebate in the non-educational
market.  At least that's what the computer outlet told me here.  (I was
hoping maybe I could get the bundle price and also another $250 back,
and be well on the way to 360 dpi.  Oh, well.)
--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

                 "Was all of this because I wore a big man's hat?"

tj@kona.cs.ucla.edu (Tom Johnson) (10/26/90)

In article <12733@chaph.usc.edu> hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) writes:
>I read in MacWeek a while back that Apple will have/has a $250 rebate
>for those who buy a Mac and a monitor.  Does this only apply to end-
>retail or can it apply to educational resellers?  I'm just curious
>because some people have mentioned it here about (maybe?) getting the
>rebate from their school reseller, but here at SC, they say it only
>applies to non-educational sellers.  Which is true?
>
>Henry (hhwong@usc.edu)

The UCLA Bookstore is offering the $250 rebate.  It brings the price
difference of the 640x480 and 512x384 color monitors to a mere $20.
They aren't actually offering it as a rebate, they just take $250 off
at the time of purchase.

I always knew UCLA was a better deal. :->  :->

Tom

--
Tom Johnson      UCLA Computer Science Department
			3413 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles CA 90024 (213)825-2145

vd09+@andrew.cmu.edu (Vincent M. Del Vecchio) (10/28/90)

The CMU computer store is also offering a $250 rebate, but they call it
a discount, and I think they take it off at time of purchase as well.