[comp.sys.mac.misc] TIFF conversion/reading problems

sokay@kurgen.mitre.org (Steve Okay W43) (10/23/90)

We are currently trying to devise a way to convert GPR files generated on an Apollo
to TIFF that can be read on a Mac. However, the conversion package I am using
(Sam Leffler's tifflib archive from uunet) uses TIFF format version 5, which I have
yet to find a Mac package that will understand. They all seem to want to use rev
4.

So, does anybody out there know of a Mac package that will either:
1.Read version 5.0 TIFF files.
2.Convert 5 to 4.
3.Read Apollo GPR files.

I also have the PBM/FBM package and it has been no help either.
If you can help me in any way on this, I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks,
---Steve
-------------
Stephen Okay          Technical Aide, The MITRE Corporation
sokay@mitre.org

         "Hey...relax, its only the Prime Directive"
Disclaimer:I get *MYSELF* in enough trouble with my opinions,
           Why inflict them on MITRE?

ph@cci632.UUCP (Pete Hoch) (10/30/90)

Steve Okay writes:

> So, does anybody out there know of a Mac package that will either:
> 1.Read version 5.0 TIFF files.

COLORSQUEEZE from Kodak can read 5.0 TIFFs.  However it does not save
4.0 TIFF so you would have to save the file as a PICT file and then
use something else to convert from PICT to TIFF 4.0.

Pete Hoch