[comp.sys.mac.misc] Fanatical Amiga Users, GO AWAY!

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (10/26/90)

> 252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1990Oct26.205243.14703@hoss.unl.edu>
>
> Org.  : Comp Sci and Engr, Univ. of Nebr.
> Person: Mike Gleason
>
> To all the insecure, volatile, and downright violent Amigans: either chill
> out
> or post your Amigas-are-so-much-better-than-Macs messages in the
> comp.sys.amiga forums;  everyone here knows that Amigas are a lot
> cheaper and can emulate wimpy MacPluses... fine.  If you are running an
> Amiga with an emulator, even though Apple says you are all in illegal
> possession of Apple's ROM, I'm sure everyone here wouldn't mind if you
> discuss Macintosh-related material here in a mature fashion.  Peace.
>
> [PS:  Yeah, I know noone appointed me moderator, so spare me the
> napalm... but I'm sure plenty of people would agree with me.]
>    ***
>   ***   mike gleason <252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu>
>  ***   "It's Hammer time... NOT!" -- Anthrax
> ***  .signature randomizer 1.0 * write for free c source

Don't worry, it's not any better on the other comp.sys groups either.  There's
always a few annoying Amiga users around here.  Well, if you read messages in
the Amiga group, there's a few Mac guys that post irritating nonsense too.

Solution:
 - Ignore them, it's not worth your time.

George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

(Mac, IBM, Amiga, HP48SX, ===> multiuser)

252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu (Mike Gleason) (10/27/90)

ins187e@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr j.r. bell) (10/27/90)

In article <1990Oct26.205243.14703@hoss.unl.edu> 252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu (Mike Gleason) writes:
>To all the insecure, volatile, and downright violent Amigans: either chill out
>or post your Amigas-are-so-much-better-than-Macs messages in the
>comp.sys.amiga forums ...

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! First get rid of the Mac fanatics out of the
comp.sys.amiga groups!! They're everywhere! They're everywhere! I can't take
it any more......
				** BANG **

	P.S.  Amigas are so much better than Macs! :-)

ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug) (10/27/90)

252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu (Mike Gleason) writes:

>To all the insecure, volatile, and downright violent Amigans: either chill out
>or post your Amigas-are-so-much-better-than-Macs messages in the
>comp.sys.amiga forums;  everyone here knows that Amigas are a lot
>cheaper and can emulate wimpy MacPluses... fine.  If you are running an
>Amiga with an emulator, even though Apple says you are all in illegal
>possession of Apple's ROM, I'm sure everyone here wouldn't mind if you
>discuss Macintosh-related material here in a mature fashion.  Peace.

	From what I know, the Amiga only emmulates the Plus because
the roms were legally  available (there are probably other similar
reasons as well).

As for being insecure, I don't even own an Amiga.  My order goes in next
week :).

PS.  The reason people from the Amiga group are posting here is the subject:
     Does a Mac IIFX blows an Amiga3000 away? (or something like that)

     I believe any of you would be attracted to such a thing.

So long,
D.D.
--
---------------------------------//-------------------------------------
Doug Dyer  Clemson University   //      "Splunge!"  -  MP

fiddler@concertina.Eng.Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (10/30/90)

In article <11198@hubcap.clemson.edu>, ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug) writes:

> 	From what I know, the Amiga only emmulates the Plus because
> the roms were legally  available (there are probably other similar
> reasons as well).

The ROMs were *easily* accessible...they were *never* legally available.

Apple may not particularly care about any other part of the Mac, but the
ROMs are the family jewels.  It was like this back when the Apple ][ was
new.

--
  The only drawback with morning is that it comes