[comp.sys.mac.misc] Availability of 2MB SIMMs

torrie@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Evan James Torrie) (10/23/90)

  Has any company (Chip Merchant et al?) announced availability of the new
types of SIMMs for the IIsi and LC?

  I'd like to get a 2Mb/40Mb IIsi, then buy 4 x 2MB SIMMs to give 9MB.
5MB isn't enough with onboard video, and 17MB (at $1000) is too much.

Evan Torrie.  Stanford University, Class of 199?       torrie@cs.stanford.edu
"To tell the truth, I'm absolutely buggered" - Peter Jones

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct22.193718.10175@Neon.Stanford.EDU> torrie@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Evan James Torrie) writes:

>  Has any company (Chip Merchant et al?) announced availability of the new
>types of SIMMs for the IIsi and LC?
>
>  I'd like to get a 2Mb/40Mb IIsi, then buy 4 x 2MB SIMMs to give 9MB.
>5MB isn't enough with onboard video, and 17MB (at $1000) is too much.
  I did some checking into 2MB SIMM pricing yesterday.  I called up
Technology Works in Texas.  They are selling 2MB SIMMs for $160.  So looks
like it will cost $640 for only 8MB.  For only about $200 more you can get
double the RAM ($205 for 4MB SIMMs).  Technology Works is at 800-622-2210.

   I think I'll be going for the 4MB SIMMs... for a total of 17MB.  Wow...
I wonder what I'll do with it all?

--
mark				mrx@dhw68k.cts.com

geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) (10/31/90)

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) writes:
>   I think I'll be going for the 4MB SIMMs... for a total of 17MB.  Wow...
>I wonder what I'll do with it all?

Don't worry.  You'll soon be complaining about how little memory you
have.

(Remember when the Fat Mac seemed like more memory than you knew what to
do with, and everyone ran RAM disks, because there was nothing better to
do with all that memory? That was only a few years ago, ya know.  Now,
many of us have System Heaps that won't fit into 512K.)

--
Geoff Allen         \  Computers are useless.
uunet!pmafire!geoff  \  They can only give you answers.