[comp.sys.mac.misc] Naming LaserWriters

xdaa374@ut-emx.uucp (William T. Douglass) (10/31/90)

I just received shipment of 6 new LaserWriters.  Now the hard part - naming
them.

I'd like to come up with something clever, like PaperBackWriter, but
unfortunately, I have no imagination.  So, could some of you kind souls
send me your best names for a Laser Printer.  Thx much, I'll mail
out summaries if requested.

--
Bill Douglass, TCADA

"I dreamed I was to take a test,
 in a Dairy Queen, on another planet."      L. Anderson

gmoff@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Moffat) (10/31/90)

xdaa374@ut-emx.uucp (William T. Douglass) writes:

>I just received shipment of 6 new LaserWriters.  Now the hard part - naming
>them.
>I'd like to come up with something clever, like PaperBackWriter, but

GhostWriter ?     (Excuse the post, but email to uucp addresses bounces)
--
    Graeme Moffat,                        Phone : +64 9 737 999  x8384
    Computer Aided Design Centre,         Fax   : +64 9 366 0702

duanem@tekfdi.FDI.TEK.COM (Duane Mitchell) (11/01/90)

Under the subject of naming LaserWriters, our LaserWriter has picked up the
nasty habit of renaming itself every couple of days.  We are using LaserServe
spooling software to spool PageMaker and other files.  Occasionally we get
a screen message that the printer has misfed, or that it needs restarting, and
then when we restart it we get the message LaserWriter not found.

Going to the chooser shows that there is a new LaserWriter, in our case called
LaserWriterPlus1.  Once there was still the original LaserWriterPlus name also
in the chooser, but you had to pick the new one to print.  Now, every time the
thing happens the name toggles between LaserWriterPlus and LaserWriterPlus1.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I suspect it is either the spooler or the
LaserWriter itself.

If you have any solutions, please e-mail me.   Thanks.

Duane Mitchell  duanem@tekfdi.FDI.TEK.COM  Tektronix, Inc. Beaverton, OR