[comp.sys.mac.misc] 3-button mouse for Mac

petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Peter Ashenden) (10/30/90)

I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
why it can't be done?

Any info or pointers gladly accepted.  Thanks.

Peter A.

mike@maths.tcd.ie (Mike Rogers) (10/31/90)

In article <1724@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au>, petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Peter Ashenden) wrote:
>32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason

	I know X is bad, but surely that's overkill :-)
--
Mike Rogers, Box 6, Regent Hse, TCD.  | WRITE (UNIT=*,FMT=*) 'FORTRAN SUCKS'
mike@hamilton.maths.tcd.ie (UNIX=>AOK)| The Irish...White Niggers of the World

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/31/90)

/* Written 10:52 pm  Oct 29, 1990 by petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.mac.misc */
/* ---------- "3-button mouse for Mac" ---------- */
I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
why it can't be done?
/* End of text from uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.mac.misc */

32-button mice? wow--keyboard sized!

But really there is an add for a 3-button mouse in the first 30 or so pages
of MacUser. Claims to work with everything (X, A/UX, Mac OS).

vd09+@andrew.cmu.edu (Vincent M. Del Vecchio) (10/31/90)

> Excerpts from netnews.comp.sys.mac.misc: 30-Oct-90 3-button mouse for
> Mac Peter Ashenden@chook.ade (216)

> I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
> 32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
> why it can't be done?

I would certainly hope not!  I don't think I could live with a 32-button mouse!

Seriously, I don't know whether there are any, but I don't think there
would be any problems with building such a thing.  I just don't know
whether anyone has done it yet.

petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Peter Ashenden) (10/31/90)

petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Peter Ashenden) writes:
|> I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
|> 32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
|> why it can't be done?
|>
|> Any info or pointers gladly accepted.  Thanks.
|>
|> Peter A.

Of course, I really meant a 3-button mouse!  Thanks to those
who pointed out my typo.

PA

jtc@latcs1.oz.au (John Catsoulis) (10/31/90)

In article <1724@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Peter Ashenden) writes:
>I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
>32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's impressive!!! A keyboard with wheels!

>why it can't be done?
Obvious reasons!  :-)

John.
jtc@ee.latrobe.edu.au

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (10/31/90)

In article <9119@latcs1.oz.au> jtc@latcs1.oz.au (John Catsoulis) writes:
>In article <1724@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Peter Ashenden) writes:
>>I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
>>32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>That's impressive!!! A keyboard with wheels!

Actually, he isn't too far off there.  I >>KNOW<< there is a mouse available
for the IBM that has all the keyboard characters on it.  some bright tech
in R&D somewher decided that maybe it'd be convenient to have a keyboard
on a mouse, that way you didn't have to go back to the keyboard, look
for keys, etc.  I actually >>SAW<< the thing, in a catalog.  And one of
my friends informs me that there's one for the Mac as well.

>>why it can't be done?
>Obvious reasons!  :-)
>
>John.
>jtc@ee.latrobe.edu.au

Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (10/31/90)

>>32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>That's impressive!!! A keyboard with wheels!
>
>>why it can't be done?
>Obvious reasons!  :-)
>
>John.
>jtc@ee.latrobe.edu.au

If the reasons are so obvious, how come a 40 button mouse is
available for PCs?  It has a numeric keypad and a bunch of
buttons that you define as macros.

						Tim Smith

d90-mwd@sm.luth.se (Michael Westlund) (10/31/90)

petera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Peter Ashenden) writes:

>I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
>32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
>why it can't be done?

>Any info or pointers gladly accepted.  Thanks.

>Peter A.

Well - just put a little ball under your keyboard, and you'll have a mouse
with even more buttons...

--
| Michael Westlund     | c/o Rocklin     | Voice natl.  0920 - 132 91   |
| University of Luleaa | Lingonstigen 77 |       intl. +46 920 132 91   |

akcs.redout@tronsbox.xei.com (Redout) (11/02/90)

>I am using MacX, and would dearly like to know if there are any
>32-button mice available that will work with it.  Is there any reason
>why it can't be done?

>Any info or pointers gladly accepted.  Thanks.

>Peter A.

32?  That's a lot of buttons to put on a mouse.