[comp.sys.mac.misc] monitors for IIsi.. was Re: INFO WANTED: Portrait Displays

fjo@mtcchi.uucp (2667-Frank Owen(ZG90210)0000) (10/19/90)

dan@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Dan Schwarz) writes:

>I'm on the verge of purchasing a Mac IIsi, and I'll need a good portrait
>(full-page) display to go with it. The IIsi video is identical to the IIci;

Is this true? The marketing info that I have seen does not
indicate that you can attach a portrait display to the si.
--
	Frank Owen (fjo@mtcchi.uucp)  708-305-3182
	Memorex-Telex Corporation   Indian Hill Court

sharp@cs-sun-fsd.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) (10/21/90)

>>(full-page) display to go with it. The IIsi video is identical to the IIci;
>Is this true? The marketing info that I have seen does not
>indicate that you can attach a portrait display to the si.

Hiya,

     According to my handy dandy specs on the si, yes you can hook up
a portrait display to it. You are probably thinking of the LC.

	maurice

--
Maurice Sharp MSc. Student (403) 220 7690
University of Calgary Computer Science Department

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (10/22/90)

From article <1990Oct19.153828.17184@mtcchi.uucp>, by fjo@mtcchi.uucp (2667-Frank Owen(ZG90210)0000):
>>I'm on the verge of purchasing a Mac IIsi, and I'll need a good portrait
>>(full-page) display to go with it. The IIsi video is identical to the IIci;
>
> Is this true? The marketing info that I have seen does not
> indicate that you can attach a portrait display to the si.

Supposed to drive:
	Macintosh 12" RGB, 256 color, 512x384
	AppleColor Hi-res RGB, 256 color, 640x480
	Macintosh 12" Monochrome, 256 gray level, 640x480
	Macintosh Portrait (full-page), 16 gray level, 640x870

(from Apple IIsi tech spec)
--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

                 "Was all of this because I wore a big man's hat?"

boris@world.std.com (Boris Levitin) (10/31/90)

sharp@cs-sun-fsd.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) writes:

>>>(full-page) display to go with it. The IIsi video is identical to the IIci;
>>Is this true? The marketing info that I have seen does not
>>indicate that you can attach a portrait display to the si.

>     According to my handy dandy specs on the si, yes you can hook up
>a portrait display to it. You are probably thinking of the LC.

I *think*, although I'm not sure, that the LC would accomodate the 15"
Apple Portrait Display as well...

sharp@cs-sun-fsd.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) (11/03/90)

In article <1990Oct31.081535.28074@world.std.com> boris@world.std.com (Boris Levitin) writes:

>I *think*, although I'm not sure, that the LC would accomodate the 15"
>Apple Portrait Display as well...

Hiya,

    Nope. The LC will take up to a 13" RGB monitor, even with the
extra VRAM installed. The 15" is out.

	maurice