[comp.sys.mac.misc] Strip Ctrl Char For Multi Files

fang@physics.phy.duke.edu (Fang Zhong) (11/04/90)

	I use a PC to monitor my experiment and take data.  I transfer
all my data to a Mac with LapLink_Mac.  All the transferred text files
on Mac have extra line feed control character at each line.  I use
McSink to open each file and strip the control characters.  This is very
time consuming.  I wonder if there exists a program to this tedius job
on all the files in one folder, just like MacCompress and LoneRanger.
	Thanks for any help.

Fang

--
	Fang Zhong				1-919-684-8247
	Duke University Dept. of Physics	fang@phy.duke.edu

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (11/04/90)

In article <21736@duke.cs.duke.edu> fang@physics.phy.duke.edu (Fang Zhong) writes:

>	I use a PC to monitor my experiment and take data.  I transfer
>all my data to a Mac with LapLink_Mac.  All the transferred text files
>on Mac have extra line feed control character at each line.  I use
>McSink to open each file and strip the control characters.  This is very
>time consuming.  I wonder if there exists a program to this tedius job
>on all the files in one folder, just like MacCompress and LoneRanger.
>	Thanks for any help.

Hmm. I don't know if such a thing exists.  but if you can't find any,
then I'd be more than happy to hack one out for you in QuickBasic or
something.  E-mail me.
Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

awessels@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Allen Wessels) (11/05/90)

In article <21736@duke.cs.duke.edu> fang@physics.phy.duke.edu (Fang Zhong) writes:
>McSink to open each file and strip the control characters.  This is very
>time consuming.  I wonder if there exists a program to this tedius job
>on all the files in one folder, just like MacCompress and LoneRanger.

Well, you can try Apple File Exchange that came with your system.  It has
several options for stripping or converting control characters.  You could
also check the Sumex archives for either AddStrip 2.9 (I think that is the
latest version), or BatFiler.