[comp.sys.mac.misc] Apple Rebate

gt3930c@prism.gatech.EDU (11/01/90)

Can someone tell me about the apple rebate on the new macs and monitor buys.
I thought if you buy any mac and a monitor you'd receive a $250 rebate from
apple.  I saw postings stating that for educational prices their computer
stores were offering bundled packages -$250, to take account for the rebate.
I was told at our bookstore only certain combinations of mac and monitor would
have a $250 off price. Help, what's the true scoop?

				H-----
PS  A reference in an article or word from someone from apple would be great!!

gaynor@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (11/02/90)

In article <16209@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt3930c@prism.gatech.EDU writes:
>Can someone tell me about the apple rebate on the new macs and monitor buys.
>				H-----
>PS  A reference in an article or word from someone from apple would be great!!

	This is straight from a letter I got from Apple yesterday
that, as well as telling me about the rebate deal, "thanked" me for
going to the new product intro.  Gee, and I only went to the Columbus,
Ohio version!  <grin>

	"And now, we'd like to announce even more good news with our
new Holiday Promotion, no though January 5, 1991.  When you purchase
an AppleColor High-Resolution Monitor with either the affordable new
Macintosh IIsi computer, the versatile Macintosh IIci computer or the
powerful Macintosh IIfx computer, you'll get an instant rebate of
$250!  You'll also find extraordinary savings, rebates, discounts, and
offers on 30 of the most popular Macintosh spftware programs."

	That's the word...

| Jim Gaynor - The Ohio State Univ. - IRCC - Facilities Mgmt. - OCES  <whew!> |
| Email [gaynor@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu],[gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu] |
|_  "Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl; because it hurts like hell..."  _|

RICK.BARRETT@f1009.n124.z1.FIDONET.ORG (RICK BARRETT) (11/05/90)

If you buy a new MacII Si with the 13" AppleColor Monitor (i.e. not the
new 12" monitor) you can get an instant rebate through the dealer.  If
you do it by December...  The rumor mill says that Apple doesn't have
enough of the 12" monitors so it is offering the 13" for about the same
price (with the discount) so it won't slow computer sale on the
new Si.  It is actuall a GOOD deal... From Apple no less.

^^^^^
The above statement expresses the views of the individual and does
not necessarily reflect the views or concerns of this place of origin.

--
RICK BARRETT via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!124!1009!RICK.BARRETT