[comp.sys.mac.misc] Looking for a Chinese Word Processor for the Mac

maas@shanti.sybase.com (Mike Maas) (11/08/90)

I am looking for a Chinese word processor for the Mac.  There are at least
three of them for the DOS environment but I haven't seen evidence of any in
the Mac environment.

Any leads would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

lai@Apple.COM (Ed Lai) (11/09/90)

In article <11670@sybase.sybase.com> maas@shanti.sybase.com (Mike Maas) writes:
>I am looking for a Chinese word processor for the Mac.  There are at least
>three of them for the DOS environment but I haven't seen evidence of any in
>the Mac environment.
>
>Any leads would be highly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

There are at least 3 according to MacUser. However at least 2 of them are
fairly expensive.

The other is a DA which has its limitation.

However, there is another very low cost solution with much better result.
Sysbase as a developer should have access to the various developer CD
(non-developer can get the d e v e l o p CD in that magazine), inside there
should be both the traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese system.

One you install the Chinese system, you can use TeachText which works perfectly
but with limited functionality, MacWrite should work reasonably if you are
typing a one page memo, Word would break down even more often, Nisus is
supposed to work very well. So if you own any of these and can tolerate some
irregularity under a non-Roman system, then you have Chinese WP without paying
a dime. If you requirement is higher then you can get a script manager
compatiable WP or DTP.

/* Disclaimer: All statments and opinions expressed are my own */
/* Edmund K. Lai                                               */
/* Apple Computer, MS37-UP                                     */
/* 20525 Mariani Ave,                                          */
/* Cupertino, CA 95014                                         */
/* (408)974-6272                                               */
zW@h9cOi