[comp.sys.mac.misc] STOP THIS THREAD NOW!

DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu (David Barr) (11/12/90)

No one cares what this thread is anymore, except the 'lead players'.
(you know who you are)  Please continue your flames/arguents in email.
We are all tired of seeing this subject line, much less its contents.
(if there is any worthwhile)

--Dave

chapman@ug.cs.dal.ca (Paul Chapman) (11/13/90)

In article <90316.001350DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu> DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu (David Barr) writes:
>No one cares what this thread is anymore, except the 'lead players'.
>(you know who you are)  Please continue your flames/arguents in email.
>We are all tired of seeing this subject line, much less its contents.
>(if there is any worthwhile)
>
>--Dave

  I'm interested in this thread. I'm learning a lot about the NeXT that I
didn't know before (about all I knew before was what was in the Jan. '89
MacWorld). I had no idea how cheap they are now, or that they did colour.
In fact, I've never even *seen* a NeXT, let alone used one actively. Is there
a magazine devoted to the NeXT yet? It might make a good read.

  Although I can't afford a NeXT yet, my next computer may well be a NeXT
Computer (ha ha.. I'll bet NeXT jokes are nearly as tired as those awful
'just the fax ma'am' jokes). I do want the facts, though.. cool it on the
flames a bit, and this would be very nice.

  If you don't like a particular thread, you can simply diddle your kill
file, and presto! no more NeXT discussions.

- Paul
--
-= Paul Chapman -=- chapman@ug.cs.dal.ca -=- pc@ac.dal.ca (BitNet) =-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Put Humourous Quote of Your Choice Here =-=-=-=-=-=-=-

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (11/13/90)

-----
In article <1990Nov12.185921.27871@cs.dal.ca>, chapman@ug.cs.dal.ca (Paul Chapman) writes...

>In article <90316.001350DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu> DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu (David Barr) writes:
>>No one cares what this thread is anymore, except the 'lead players'.
>>(you know who you are)  Please continue your flames/arguents in email.
>>We are all tired of seeing this subject line, much less its contents.
>>(if there is any worthwhile)
[...]
>  I'm interested in this thread. I'm learning a lot about the NeXT that I
>didn't know before (about all I knew before was what was in the Jan. '89
>MacWorld). I had no idea how cheap they are now, or that they did colour.
>In fact, I've never even *seen* a NeXT, let alone used one actively. Is there
>a magazine devoted to the NeXT yet? It might make a good read.

Pay some attention to the newsgroup title.  If you're interested in the Next,
you should probably read the Next newsgroup comp.sys.next.  I'm directing
followups to that newsgroup, so check there for your info.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (11/13/90)

-----
In article <AbDn30G00WBNI4DQsW@andrew.cmu.edu>, ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) writes...
[...]
>Well I for one am learning alot from this discussion, as a Mac user and
>a possible future NeXT user.  Such as System 7.0 compared to NeXTstep
>2.0, ease of use, etc.

The best place to learn about the Next is comp.sys.next.  I read that newsgroup
to learn more about the Next.  If you're interested in the Next you should read
that group; this is a Macintosh group.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (11/13/90)

On 12-Nov-90 in STOP THIS THREAD NOW! (Was ..
user David Barr@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>No one cares what this thread is anymore, except the 'lead players'.
>(you know who you are)  Please continue your flames/arguents in email.
>We are all tired of seeing this subject line, much less its contents.
>(if there is any worthwhile)

Well I for one am learning alot from this discussion, as a Mac user and
a possible future NeXT user.  Such as System 7.0 compared to NeXTstep
2.0, ease of use, etc.

Keep up the quality, informative posts.  But do away with the dribble,
"I hate NeXT and anyone who owns one!"  Some people see a computer as a
tool, not a religion.  And want the best one for there purposes.