[comp.sys.mac.misc] Do *NOT* reveal or mention "hacking"

MARK.HOLLINGSWORTH@f1.n354.z1.FIDONET.ORG (MARK HOLLINGSWORTH) (11/14/90)

>>In article <2653@ttardis.UUCP> rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) writes:
>Do *NOT* reveal, or even mention, any information on how to defeat copy
>protection.  In the eyes of the law, doing so reduces the NET to the
status
>of a pirate BBS.
 In Compuserve, at least according to the forum operators I talked to,
it is OK to disscuss means to make a back-up copy of any App.
If this means defeating copy protection...
 This of course assumes you are a registered owner-and not pirating
software.
  I may be ignorant on the laws, but is this incorrect?

-->  Lininger Utilities Distribution Site<--

--
MARK HOLLINGSWORTH via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!354!1!MARK.HOLLINGSWORTH