[comp.sys.mac.misc] replacement mice

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (11/11/90)

I love my new Mac IIsi, but I'm less than fond of the mouse that came with it.
Any recommendations for third-party mice would be appreciated.

--
Frank Kolnick,
Basis Computer Systems Inc.

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (11/11/90)

In article <5595@mnetor.UUCP> frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) writes:
>I love my new Mac IIsi, but I'm less than fond of the mouse that came with it.
>Any recommendations for third-party mice would be appreciated.

Yes.  Kensington makes an EXCELLENT product called the Turbo Mouse,
which is actually not a mouse at all but a Trackball.  It has 2 buttons
located next to the trackball, your thumb falls easily on them, no matter
if you're a left- or right-handed mouser.  It's very very VERY responsive
and can move your cursor across the screen with jjust a flick of the
wrist, but also handles precise cursor positioning.  One button is a
standard "click once" button, and the other is a "locking" button
that, when you press it once, it locks down, until you press it again;
this is good for dragging, free-hand drawing, etc.  An all-around
EXCELLENT product.

Other mice alternatives include:
* An optical mouse.  These mice use light beams instead of balls to track
the cursor, so you don't need to clean anything.  You need a special mouse
pad with it though, but they come with the optical mouse.  Excellent
cursor positioning, even better than a regular mouse.

* Cordless Mouse: I saw a cordless mouse the other day, it has a infrared
reception base that sits in front of the mouse, and no matter how you move
that thing, it still recieves fine.  Excellent for those people who hate
the cord getting in the way, etc.
Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

msmiller@gonzoville.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Miller) (11/14/90)

In article <5595@mnetor.UUCP>, frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) writes:
|> I love my new Mac IIsi, but I'm less than fond of the mouse that came
|> with it.
|> Any recommendations for third-party mice would be appreciated.

"Little Mouse", from Mouse Systems is great. It's very small, very light,
has 300 dpi resolution, and - best of all - never needs cleaning. It's
an optical mouse.
Mark S. Miller   UUCP: msmiller@world.std.com   "In a nation ruled by swine,
                                                all pigs are upward mobile."
Disclaimer: I work for me, so do my words.             - Hunter S. Thompson

aslakson@cs.umn.edu (Brian Aslakson) (11/14/90)

msmiller@gonzoville.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Miller) writes:
>In article <5595@mnetor.UUCP>, frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) writes:
>|> I love my new Mac IIsi, but I'm less than fond of the mouse that came
>|> with it.
>|> Any recommendations for third-party mice would be appreciated.

I'll take your old mouse!

--
Brian Aslakson

aslakson@cs.umn.edu