[comp.sys.mac.misc] Damn Yankees...

nick@cs.edinburgh.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (11/15/90)

In article <1990Nov14.052446.9290@agate.berkeley.edu>, knrgroup@garnet.berkeley.edu (Raymond group) writes:
>Excuse me.  Buy a NeXT from your very own school.  It'll cost you $2995. Yes,
> the U. of Arizona is selling the NeXTstation for $2995.  I would say that
> this is "about the same price" as a Mac IIsi and the $2500 SE/30.  As
> for hardware, performance, and features, the NeXT blows both machines
> away.

The Americo-centricity of this thread is irritating me to blazes.
I'm in Europe (pronounced "Yoorp").
We can't get NeXT's for these kinds of prices. I can't get a NeXT educational
discount at all (according to what I read). We still pay around $4000 for
SE/30's.

Please tell me how to buy a NeXT from my very own school. I'm interested.

Hope my subject line doesn't raise the temperature of this otherwise
nice civil discussion... I'm, er, what's the phrase? "Outta here."

--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick