[comp.sys.mac.misc] Alpha

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (09/13/90)

Several people have contacted me in response to my EMACS query
and have recommended a program called Alpha.  I tried to get
this file from Sumex, but each time I try to decode the binhex
file I get an error.  I have tried this 3 times and it keeps
failing.  I used anonymous FTP to get the file (with the ASCII
switch on).  I haven't had any trouble getting other files to
work. :-(  Can someone mail a copy to me?

Chris

------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |
------------------------------+---------------------------

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (09/13/90)

Please ignore my previous posting.  I found the problem.  Hehe, it
was a brief spate of line noise.  Sorry...

Cheers,

Chris
------------------------------+---------------------------

pete@tone.rice.edu (Pete Keleher) (09/13/90)

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
> Several people have contacted me in response to my EMACS query
> and have recommended a program called Alpha.  I tried to get

Alpha 2.0 is now available at rascal.ics.utexas.edu, and will be
available Real Soon Now at sumex and on comp.mac.binaries.

Alpha 2.02, which allows the use of fonts other than monaco will also
be available Real Soon Now.

Pete Keleher						pete@titan.rice.edu

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (11/17/90)

Does anyone know where Alpha's "home" is?  A while back I received
email from one of the authors and he gave me the name of a site
that had the latest versions available for anonymous FTPing for
beta testers.  I have since lost the address. :-(

I have had v2.07 for quite some time, but I don't use it very often.
It seems to barf when I try to run it in the background with
Smartcom or Zterm.  I wanted to check the newer version to see
if it behaved the same way.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris