[comp.sys.mac.misc] word processors & font ids

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (11/17/90)

Of the more popular word processors, which store fonts by name rather
than by id? I currently use Word, which stores by id, and I'm having no
end of problems importing text into XPress and FrameMaker. (Or is Word the
only wp with this deficiency?)

On a related topic, what is the *smallest* text editor (*not* a DA)?
I need an app into which Typist can scan text, and Typist needs all the
RAM it can get :-)

--
Frank Kolnick,
Basis Computer Systems Inc.

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (11/22/90)

In article <5602@mnetor.UUCP>, frank@mnetor (Frank Kolnick) writes:
>Of the more popular word processors, which store fonts by name rather
>than by id? I currently use Word, which stores by id, and I'm having no
>end of problems importing text into XPress and FrameMaker. (Or is Word the
>only wp with this deficiency?)

It might be at this point.  I know Nisus does the right thing.

Funny how "Word" and "no end of problems" just seem to go together...  :-)

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."