[comp.sys.mac.misc] Rear Window MF?

vladimir@prosper.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM (Vladimir G. Ivanovic) (11/24/90)

How does one use the INIT Rear Window MF?

-- Vladimir
   Vladimir G. Ivanovic				Sun Microsystems, Inc
     (415) 336-2315				2550 Garcia Ave., MTV12-33
    vladimir@Sun.COM				Mountain View, CA 94043-1100

      Disclaimer: I speak only for myself.  Your mileage will vary.

ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu (D. Daniel Sternbergh) (11/25/90)

In article <VLADIMIR.90Nov23231932@prosper.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM> vladimir@prosper.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM (Vladimir G. Ivanovic) writes:
>How does one use the INIT Rear Window MF?

Hold command-tab down while selecting an item from a partially hidden
window.  The item will be selected but the window will not be brought
to the front.  I find it very useful, but it would be more so if it
supported multiple selects (shift selects).

	== Daniel ==

---------------------------
D. Daniel Sternbergh
ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu

clay@claris.com (Clay A. Maeckel) (11/25/90)

ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu (D. Daniel Sternbergh) writes:
>I find [Rear Window] very useful, but it would be more so if it
>supported multiple selects (shift selects).

The commercial version that comes with Now Utilities does support shift
selects. In version 2.0 of the utilities that functionality has be rolled
into the init called FinderKeys.

--Clay
(author of DeskPicture, one of the other utilities in the package)