[comp.sys.mac.misc] WordPerfect 1.03 font woes

fs285119@seas.gwu.edu (Scott Cherkofsky) (11/29/90)

I have just recently been plagued with a problem that I believe should be
mentioned to the network.  I manage a MAC network that has about 40 SE/30's
and MAC II's, two laserprinters and a colormate PS printer.

The problem has to do with the inadequecies of WP 1.03 and its ability to
recognise font numbers.  We were having problems with some of our copies
not recognizing the font type and not rewriting a change to the screen or the
printer.  It turns out that WP 1.03 does not have the ability to recognise
font numbers above 256.  With the new NFONT resource, font numbers can be
much larger than this (32,000 to big?).

After talking with WordPerfect we were told that the new version would take
care of this problem.  The new version will not be out till the next quarter	though but there is an intermediate FREE bug fix (version 1.2???)

I just thought you would like to know that if you have this problem there is a
solution .

Scott

--
Scott Cherkofsky	                         "When the world comes to its
The George Washington University		 end, due to our mucking about

ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) (11/29/90)

I think the current version of WordPerfect is 1.0.5.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro                       fone: +64-71-562-889
Computer Services Dept                     fax: +64-71-384-066
University of Waikato            electric mail: ldo@waikato.ac.nz
Hamilton, New Zealand    37^ 47' 26" S, 175^ 19' 7" E, GMT+13:00

cantie@acsu.buffalo.edu (bruce n cantie) (11/29/90)

In article <2385.2754de63@waikato.ac.nz> ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) writes:
>I think the current version of WordPerfect is 1.0.5.

	No, the current version of WordPerfect is 2.0.

Bruce Cantie          Internet:  cantie@cs.Buffalo.EDU | I speak only for me,
LAN Systems           BITNET:    LSBRUCE@UBVM.BITNET   | U.B. has nothing to
301A Computing Center BITNET:    LSBRUCE@UBVMS.BITNET  | do with it.

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (11/30/90)

In article <48057@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> cantie@acsu.buffalo.edu (bruce n
cantie) writes:
>        No, the current version of WordPerfect is 2.0.

We're breathing down their necks on this - our new Macs our here and WP
2.0 isn't. We were told on Monday that the programmers were still working
on 2.0. The latest date we were given for availability was "end of
January".

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard