[comp.sys.mac.misc] FAQ: Laserwriter test page?

sienkiew@nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu (Meta Sienkiewicz) (12/01/90)

Here's another FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) that I thought I had
saved but, now that I need it, I can't find it!

What can I do to turn off the test page on a LaserWriter?  I thought
there was a fragment of PostScript posted here a month or so ago
which I could send to the printer to do it.  (I have the code posted
recently to let you -print- a test page.)

Also, isn't there a commercial DA or something that would let you do
this?

(I think e-mail response would be most appropriate.)
Thanks in advance!

						Meta Sienkiewicz

fiori@ziggy.NetherLand.COM (Wayne Fiori) (12/02/90)

In article <1990Dec1.085429.4873@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> sienkiew@nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu (Meta Sienkiewicz) writes:
>Here's another FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) that I thought I had
>saved but, now that I need it, I can't find it!
>
>What can I do to turn off the test page on a LaserWriter?

One more time....

Use SendPS (at sumex.stanford.edu) or a word processor (e.g. Word) to send the
following postscript program down to the printer.

	serverdict begin 0 exitserver
	statusdict begin
	false setdostartpage
	end

This will prevent the test page from being printed whenever the printer is
started-up.  If you need to have the test page printed simply change the third
line to read

	true setdostartpage

Check-out Publish (December 1990) for more information

--
| Truly, it is said,            |                                            |