[comp.sys.mac.misc] New NeXT Magazine!

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (12/02/90)

In article <1123@adiron.UUCP> richf@adiron.UUCP (Rick Fanta) writes:

   >In article <656@storm.UUCP> bostrov@storm.UUCP (Vareck Bostrom) writes:
   >>is there a magazine for NeXT users/owners/etc? I would be interested

   >1) NEXTWORLD
   >	PO 56429
   >	Boulder, CO 80323

   Nextworld seems like vapor to me.  I sent them a request for a subscription
   quite awhile ago (6-8 weeks) and have still not heard anything.  Does anyone
   actually have an issue?  Am I alone?

Read MacWorld instead.  Bruce Webster has an article that seems pretty
damning about the current state of Mac hardware.  He seemed to be
restraining himself so as not to outrage the Mac community.  But the
comparison's in his article speak for themselves.

-Mike

BTW.  He said something about the NeXT argueably being the best
development platform.

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (12/02/90)

----------
In article <Faj#q?j3@cs.psu.edu>, melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes...

>In article <1123@adiron.UUCP> richf@adiron.UUCP (Rick Fanta) writes:
[...]
>Read MacWorld instead.  Bruce Webster has an article that seems pretty
>damning about the current state of Mac hardware.  He seemed to be
>restraining himself so as not to outrage the Mac community.  But the
>comparison's in his article speak for themselves.
>
>-Mike
>
>BTW.  He said something about the NeXT argueably being the best
>development platform.

Yes, I always trust journalists.

I know the argument has been made that the Mac group may be interested in
comparisons between the Next and the Mac.  But notes about Next magazines?
Take it to your own newsgroup.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

BPorter@world.std.com (Barry M Porter) (12/03/90)

The Boston Computer Society publishes a very fine newsletter dedicated to the
NeXt machine, "Whats NeXt".....Its published by the BCS NeXt user group...the BCS can br reached at 1 Center Plaza, Boston, MA 02108

If you need for infop, write the BCS or send me EMail...Barry