[comp.sys.mac.misc] Lotus 1-2-3 for Macintosh

changwoo@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Chang P. Woo) (12/03/90)

When is Lotus 1-2-3 for Macintosh coming out? I've heard some rumors
that it will come out sometime next year, but does anyone know more
about this matter? I'd also like to know whether it is a port from Lotus
1-2-3 3.0 or 2.2, etc.

As a related note, when is Excel 3.0 coming out? Any known feature list?

Thanks,
Chang
--
Chang P. Woo
Chang.P.Woo@dartmouth.EDU (preferred)

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (12/05/90)

In article <26470@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> changwoo@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Chang P. Woo) writes:
> When is Lotus 1-2-3 for Macintosh coming out? I've heard some rumors
> that it will come out sometime next year, but does anyone know more
> about this matter? I'd also like to know whether it is a port from Lotus
> 1-2-3 3.0 or 2.2, etc.

You can already run 123 on your Mac.  Use the SoftPC version of DOS or
get a 80286 co-processor card.  Each will run 123 in a Mac window.

There have been rumors about 123 for the Mac every since my dealer claimed
that it would be out in 6 months when I bought my Mac 128K.  Lotus actually
shipped software for the Mac 128 called "Jazz".  They had another "killer
spreadsheet" called "Modern Jazz" all the way into beta testing when it
was suddenly killed.

Although Lotus has promised some type of Mac software, don't hold your
breath too long.  What do you think the first release will be like?  And
the interface will probably be as much of a kluge as WordPerfect for the
Mac was in its first version.

PS-My first paragraph above is meant somewhat tounge-in-cheek.  Apple does
show 123 in the advertising material for the Mac IIsi, and the spec sheet
lists MS-DOS as one of the operating systems (along with Multifinder,
DOS 3.3, Pro-DOS, and A/UX).  Some of these O/S's have a little asterich
to indicate that "additional hardware adapaters or software may be required".

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john