[comp.sys.mac.misc] E-machines monitor and 6.0.5

EJN@ornl.gov (Earl Nall) (12/05/90)

I have an E-Machines 21" monitor and have tried to install system 6.0.5
with no luck. Certain E-Machine files need to be in the system folder in order to display  properly - but they do not appear to work with 6.0.5.  Talking to E-Machines technical help has been of no help.  I don't think they understand the problem.

Is there anyone who has 6.0.5 running on an E-Machine monitor?  If so
please let me know how you did it.

Thanks,

Earl Nall
Oak Ridge National Lab
Internet: ejn@ornl.gov     Bitnet: ejn@ornlstc
Phone: 615/574-8689     Fax: 615/576-0099

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (12/06/90)

In article <1990Dec5.135805.8301@cs.utk.edu> EJN@ornl.gov (Earl Nall) writes:
>I have an E-Machines 21" monitor and have tried to install system 6.0.5
>with no luck. Certain E-Machine files need to be in the system folder in order to display  properly - but they do not appear to work with 6.0.5.  Talking to E-Machines technical help has been of no help.  I don't think they understand the problem.
>
>Is there anyone who has 6.0.5 running on an E-Machine monitor?  If so
>please let me know how you did it.

Really?  That is strange.  I suspect the culprit lies elsewhere.  I am
using an E-Machines 21" "The Big Picture" monitor with my IIcx and I've
never experienced ANY kind of compatibility problems at all.  I ran
6.0.5 for a while and now I'm using 6.0.7.  I just used the installer
that came with the new disks and never had a hitch.  Perhaps, if you can
describe what is going on in more detail I or someone else can be of more
help.

>Thanks,

No worries, mate. :-)

>Earl Nall
>Oak Ridge National Lab
>Internet: ejn@ornl.gov     Bitnet: ejn@ornlstc
>Phone: 615/574-8689     Fax: 615/576-0099

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |