[comp.sys.mac.misc] Hypercard 2.0

steve@pinet.aip.org (Steve Lushing) (11/30/90)

I see this ad in MacWorld about the Hypercard 2.0. I got hypercard about
a couple of months ago and now I am beginning to use it. (still a beginner)
What is this upgrade? will I get a new hypercard software. What
about this developer that may cost $199. Are there any difference between
the upgrade and the developer. Please email me any opinion as I am interested
in getting the best of the deal.

Thanks in advance

Stephen M. LuShing                           INTERNET: steve@pinet.aip.org
System Development                           BITNET: steve@aip.bitnet
American Institute of Physics
Woodbury, N.Y., 11797
--

bskendig@screen.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (12/10/90)

In article <5481@sage.cc.purdue.edu> ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) writes:
>Is it too much to ask that the second generation of HyperCard be compatible
>with Multifinder?

Not at all!  That's why they made it compatible with MultiFinder, to
an even greater extent than version 1.

>I enjoyed the following quote from HyperCard's About box:
>	A day of acquaintance,
>	And then the longer span of custom.
>	But first --
>	The hour of astonishment.

Try holding down the option or command key as you select "About
HyperCard...".

>Apple... not really.

Huh?  As far as I can tell, they're really Apple.  Do you mean to
imply that everyone who works for Apple is really an Elvis clone?

     << Brian >>

| Brian S. Kendig      \ Macintosh |   Engineering,   | bskendig             |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  |  USS Enterprise  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU
| Princeton University |_\ Police  | -= NCC-1701-D =- | @PUCC.BITNET         |
"It's not that I don't have the work to *do* -- I don't do the work I *have*."