[comp.sys.mac.misc] ATM 2.0 conflict with IIsi?

ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) (12/08/90)

ATM has two files of the names: ~ATM 68000 and ~ATM 68020/030

Does the 68020/030 file expect a FPU to be on the machine?  If so, then
should there be an upgrade for the IIsi and the LC?

It's a shame that Apple renigged on its promise that all 020/030 machines
would have FPU's. Although ATM doesn't bomb, it appears to be a casualty of
war.

_____
Piper Keairnes
ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Purdue University)

hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (12/10/90)

In article <5478@sage.cc.purdue.edu> ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) writes:

>ATM has two files of the names: ~ATM 68000 and ~ATM 68020/030
>
>Does the 68020/030 file expect a FPU to be on the machine?  If so, then
>should there be an upgrade for the IIsi and the LC?
>
>It's a shame that Apple renigged on its promise that all 020/030 machines
>would have FPU's. Although ATM doesn't bomb, it appears to be a casualty of
>war.

I am not sure what you think is happening here.

We are running ATM 2.0 on my wifes stock (no fpu yet) IIsi with the 020/030
ATM Module.  Works like a charm.

If this configuration is not working for you, I suspect you have either
done something wrong (ie atm is not finding your outline fonts because
you have them in a wierd place) or you have an init conflict of
some sort.

Hope this helps.

Josh

Josh Hodas    		Home Phone:	     (215) 222-7112
4223 Pine Street	School Office Phone: (215) 898-9514
Philadelphia, PA 19104	New E-Mail Address:  hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu

rob@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Robert K Shull) (12/10/90)

In article <5478@sage.cc.purdue.edu> ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) writes:

>It's a shame that Apple renigged on its promise that all 020/030 machines
>would have FPU's.

Just curious. Has anyone seen this "promise" in writing from Apple? The only
comments I've ever seen imply just the opposite, particularly the "check
for features, not machines" that's stated again and again in Apple's
programmer literature.

	Robert
--
Robert K. Shull
rob@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu				chinet!uokmax!rob

ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) (12/12/90)

In <34472@netnews.upenn.edu> hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) writes:

>>Does the 68020/030 file expect a FPU to be on the machine?

>I am not sure what you think is happening here.

Well, here's the story. I have a IIci. My friend has a IIsi, and ATM 2.0
didn't work for him. ATM needs its outline font files in a folder with an
open font file. MasterJuggler opens up font files so we tossed the ATM
outline font files into a folder with a font file opened by MasterJuggler.

Nada.. we turned off all INITs and it still didn't work. So with all the
fuss about things not working without the FPU we thought that might be the
problem (hence the post). Later we tossed the ATM files into the System
folder and then ATM worked. Meaning MasterJuggler wasn't doing its job.
Further investigation turned up that he was using v1.0 of MasterJuggler and
not the most recent v1.5.

End of story... thanks for the responses/flames. ;-)

Apologies to Apple and ATM owners.

_____