[comp.sys.mac.misc] HyperCard 2.0 and Mac IIsi stuff

hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) (12/14/90)

I have a small question to ask about Hypercard 2.0.  In MacWeek a few
weeks ago, they mention about typing "magic" on the message box at
the home stack to activate all of the features of Hypercard.  Well,
it doesn't seem to work.  I've missed the following MacWeek issues,
so I'm not sure if they've mentioned that they've (being Apple/Claris)
has actually decided to cut the, well, you know, off the Hypercards
shipped with new computers.

Another question has to do with getting an expansion board for my
IIsi.  There was a mention of a PSI board that will also allow you
to hook up a cache card in the future.  Should I wait, or bite the
bullet and get a board from Apple?

-Henry (hhwong@usc.edu)

ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) (12/15/90)

In <13658@chaph.usc.edu> hhwong@aludra.usc.edu (Henry Hwong) writes:

>I have a small question to ask about Hypercard 2.0.  In MacWeek a few
>weeks ago, they mention about typing "magic" on the message box at
>the home stack to activate all of the features of Hypercard.  Well,
>it doesn't seem to work.

Go to the Home stack, press left arrow once to go to the preferences card
and then type in magic. The 3 other modes that we're used to having show up.
How absurd!

Have fun...

_____
Piper Keairnes