[comp.sys.mac.misc] Guerrilla Choice

Chris.Ott@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Ott) (12/14/90)

ARE YOU PRO-CHOICE???

You may or may not know that the owner of the DOMINOS PIZZA CORPORATION
IS ANTI-CHOICE, and provides corporate resources for the use of the
Michigan Right to Life organization.  Corporate officers have taken part
in 'Operation Rescue' activities on company time, and meeting rooms,
phone banks, and corporate funds have been donated to various Right to
Life movements.

For more information on this, call the National Abortion Rights Action
League in Washington, D.C.

To take place in a guerrilla action to cost the Dominos Corporation both
money and valuable resources,

SET YOUR MODEM TO AUTODIAL: 1-800-468-4726

This number is a toll free number for purchasing Dominos Gift
Certificates.  By dialing this number repeatedly, you will help to
prevent the Dominos Corporation from funding efforts to deny women their
choice of actions regarding pregnancy.

--

   	Chris Ott, Chris.Ott@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
   	via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway

pillera@etd4260a.erim.org (Joe Pillera) (12/14/90)

> ARE YOU PRO CHOICE?
> [information on abortion...]

What is this doing on our newsgroup?  Do we have a newsgroup
administrator?
--

-----
Joe Pillera                              ERIM

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are solely those of Joe Pillera,
            and not of ERIM or its affiliates.

jbr0@cbnews.att.com (joseph.a.brownlee) (12/14/90)

In article <2765.2768B395@blkcat.fidonet.org>, Chris.Ott@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Ott) writes:
> You may or may not know that the owner of the DOMINOS PIZZA CORPORATION
> IS ANTI-CHOICE, [...]

This has nothing to do with the Mac.  Now we will have to wade through endless
abortion-related flames and meta discussions about where this drivel belongs.
Besdies, there is supposed to be one ONE group on the net where abortion is
discussed, and if I remember correctly, it isn't comp.sys.mac.misc.

Kindly keep this CRAP out of this newsgroup.  Thank you.

Followups to alt.flame.

--
   -      _   Joe Brownlee, Analysts International Corp. @ AT&T Network Systems
  /_\  @ / `  471 E Broad St, Suite 1610, Columbus, Ohio 43215   (614) 860-7461

dcw@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (David C. Worenklein) (12/14/90)

In article <2765.2768B395@blkcat.fidonet.org> Chris.Ott@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Ott) writes:
>ARE YOU PRO-CHOICE???
>
>Blah,blah,blah,
>
>To take place in a guerrilla action to cost the ... Corporation both
>money and valuable resources,
>
>Blah,blah...

FLAME!FLAME!FLAME!FLAME!FLAME!

Way to cost the net (_MY_ net) both money and valuable resources.

What does abortion (or lack of it) have to do with a macintosh? To the best
of my knowledge, not even the grand IIfx can become impregnated! (Not even
with ANY add-in board!)

You should be ashamed of yourself!

					Yours in anger,
					David C. Worenklein

(PS Never said anything about my own views on abortion)

bitting-douglas@cs.yale.edu (Douglas Bitting) (12/15/90)

In article <2765.2768B395@blkcat.fidonet.org> Chris.Ott@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Ott) writes:
>You may or may not know that the owner of the DOMINOS PIZZA CORPORATION
>IS ANTI-CHOICE, and provides corporate resources for the use of the

They are not "ANTI-CHOICE," they have a different view on the whole subject.
They could just as easily call you "ANTI-LIFE," so don't resort to name
calling

	[some inane drivel that doesn't belong on this newsgroup]

>SET YOUR MODEM TO AUTODIAL: 1-800-468-4726
>
>This number is a toll free number for purchasing Dominos Gift
>Certificates.  By dialing this number repeatedly, you will help to
>prevent the Dominos Corporation from funding efforts to deny women their
>choice of actions regarding pregnancy.

Heh.  If everyone with differing viewpoints did this sort of thing, the world
would have been destroyed long ago.  If you want to get anywhere, dialog is the
key.  All this sort of action does is provoke ill feelings.

>--
>
>   	Chris Ott, Chris.Ott@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
>   	via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway
>	    blkcat.fidonet.org   and   Fidonet 1:109/401

Now, take it to where it belongs.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Doug Bitting			  || Internet:
U.S. Snail Mail:		  ||   bitting@cs.yale.edu
	PO Box 3043 Yale Station  || "Peace is Joy resting,
	New Haven, CT             ||  Joy is Peace dancing."
	06520			  || 	 --source unknown to me
==================================++===================================
"Guts and Chutzpah are not the same. With guts you can charge a machine
gun bunker.  With Chutzpah, you can do the same, but wearing a mickey
mouse hat..." 	--Mike
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (12/15/90)

From article <2765.2768B395@blkcat.fidonet.org>, by Chris.Ott@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Ott):
> ARE YOU PRO-CHOICE???

No.

> You may or may not know that the owner of the DOMINOS PIZZA CORPORATION
> IS ANTI-CHOICE, and provides corporate resources for the use of the
> Michigan Right to Life organization.  Corporate officers have taken part
> in 'Operation Rescue' activities on company time, and meeting rooms,
> phone banks, and corporate funds have been donated to various Right to
> Life movements.

How awful.  It's not a state or government operation, right?

Hey, I thought the guy who owned Dominoes sold it.  Is your information
current?

By the way, why is this in comp.sys.mac.misc?

--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

yossie@fnal.fnal.gov (Yossie Silverman) (12/15/90)

As far as I know, this is illegal in the USA.  As appealing as it sounds,
I don't think it is a wise idea!  If you want to, send Domino's a letter
(or one a day) explaining what you think of their coroporate policies and
that you will not set foot in their grease-den again, till they change
them.  Explain further that many of your friends agree with you.  Get
those friends to write as well.  Since they are primarily in it for the
money - they will probably take note if enough people object.  The beauty
of this is that it is legal (a civic duty, one could even say!). - Yossie

---

yossie@fnal.fnal.gov; yossie@fnccf.bitnet
What did the Caspian Sea? - Saki