[comp.sys.mac.misc] 3-Button Mice

costello@stx.UUCP (Michael E. Costello) (12/13/90)

In article <389@inetg1.arco.com>, dprsgc@inetg1.Arco.Com (Steven Crews) writes:

> I am looking for a mouse with three buttons that will make life easier when I am running MacX and living in the Unix world.  Does anyone have a recommendation?

This is a bit of a wacky answer, but there is a product called Goldbrick
from Transfinite Systems which allows you to connect most game controllers
to the ADB port (i.e.--Nintendo controllers, guns, joysticks, the Mattel
Data Glove, etc.).  Depending on the controller, you can have up to 6 or
8 control inputs (I'm working from memory here).  Not only that, but with
the plethora of game controllers, there are generally any number available
at firesale prices (e.g.--a 3-D controller with 8 infrared sensors and two
buttons for $30).  Transfininte is in Cambridge, MA at 617-969-9570.

==>MC/BCS*Mac          stx!costello@world.std.com

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (12/15/90)

In article <0E010009.a2k9ff@stx.UUCP> world.std.com!stx!costello writes:
>In article <389@inetg1.arco.com>, dprsgc@inetg1.Arco.Com (Steven Crews) writes:
>> I am looking for a mouse with three buttons that will make life easier
>This is a bit of a wacky answer, but there is a product called Goldbrick
[etc.]

The above is interesting but WRT: three button mice.  I saw an add for one by
Mouse Systems in Nov. (I think) MacUser.  I called them and they said it would
be released by now.  I wanted to look at it first at MacExpo to see if it
worked like I need it to work.  That is, to emulate Option-click and
Command-click without the use of a macro package.  I had this problem with Wiz
...it needed a macro to emulate and it wouldn't work right with Smalltalk.
Which is where I need it to work.

Ken Warner