[comp.sys.mac.misc] Slowdown on IIci...6714ksystem

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (12/17/90)

    In article <1990Dec15.224416.5425@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> sharp@cs-sun-fsd.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) writes:
    >    There is a known bug in the 512 ROMS (IIci/si/fx). It will cause a
    >slowdown of your Mac if the application makes excessive calls to the
    >memory manager. If you have memory hogs, watch out for slowdown. Apple
    >is working on it.

Does anyone have more complete information on this problem.  We feel the need
for speed and are considering upgrading to fx's but we run large (> 6 meg)
Smalltalk images and if this is a real problem we may have to go with
SPARCstations.  (gee, what a crummy option :-)

Ken Warner
warner@scubed.scubed.com