[comp.sys.mac.misc] Mac LC simms and current simm prices

yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) (12/21/90)

	I heard that the Mac LC uses the standard (i.e. same package) 100ns
	simms.  Does anyone know if this true?  I am planning to get a Mac
	LC and populate it with a extra 2 meg of memory.  What is the going
	price of simms these days?

	Many thanks and
	Merry Christmas,

	=Mike

	BTW: Does anyone know if the VRAM for the LC is available and at
		what price?
--
= Michael K. Yee		-- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
= OSF/Motif Development

prw@Apple.COM (Paul Wenker) (12/22/90)

In article <YEE.90Dec20112914@pmin27.osf.org> yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) writes:
>	I heard that the Mac LC uses the standard (i.e. same package) 100ns
>	simms.  Does anyone know if this true?  I am planning to get a Mac
>	LC and populate it with a extra 2 meg of memory.  What is the going
>	price of simms these days?
>
>	Many thanks and
>	Merry Christmas,
>
>	=Mike

The LC can use any standard 1mb or 4mb SIMMs that are 100ns or faster.
If I remember correctly, the local Fry's Electronics has 1mb SIMMS for ~$40
and 4mb for ~$270.

>	BTW: Does anyone know if the VRAM for the LC is available and at
>		what price?

The LC 512K VRAM SIMM has a suggested retail price of $199.00.  The latest
price list says it will be available in February, but there may be third
party ones available already.

>--
>= Michael K. Yee		-- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
>= OSF/Motif Development
>= "I can't give you brains, but I can give you a diploma." -- The Wizard of OZ

-Paul Wenker
-AppleLink: PAUL
-Internet: prw@apple.com

dave@PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) (12/22/90)

In article <47539@apple.Apple.COM> prw@Apple.COM (Paul Wenker) writes:

>The LC can use any standard 1mb or 4mb SIMMs that are 100ns or faster.
>If I remember correctly, the local Fry's Electronics has 1mb SIMMS for ~$40
>and 4mb for ~$270.

I just bought 4 1mb SIMMs from Peripheral Outlet (in Oklahoma); 1mb
SIMMs are $39 and 4mb SIMMs are $195.  So either you misremembered
Fry's prices, or else their 4mb SIMMs are overpriced.

-- Dave Matuszek (dave@prc.unisys.com)
-- Unisys Corp. / Paoli Research Center / PO Box 517 / Paoli PA  19301
-- Any resemblance between my opinions and those of my employer is improbable.
< You can put a mouse on an IBM.  And you can put a radio on a motorcycle. >