[comp.sys.mac.misc] Does MacTech Journal still exist

root@opus.wizards.dupont.com (Operator) (12/22/90)

\

   MacTech Journal was put out by the people who used to be APDA.
When I just called their old number, I found that it has been disconnected.

Does anyone have the new number, or does the Journal no longer exist ?

		Thanks.

		Mike Bell

das@Apple.COM (David Shayer) (12/22/90)

In article <1990Dec21.180107.18466@pyro.ei.dupont.com> root@opus.wizards.dupont.com (Operator) writes:
>   MacTech Journal was put out by the people who used to be APDA.
>When I just called their old number, I found that it has been disconnected.
>Does anyone have the new number, or does the Journal no longer exist ?

Yes, I just got the latest issue, Winter 1991.  Its really great!
Much better than MacTutor (IMHO). Their number is (206)  251-5222.
If you read MacTutor but haven't seen MTJ, you really ought to take
a look at it.

The latest issue has articles on System 7 (PPC Toolbox, AppleEvents,
and Comm Toolbox), MultiMedia, User Interfaces, C++, Postscript, plus
some very interesting non-technical articles.  There is one by a lawyer
explaining how the Lotus lawsuit affects us independent programmers,
and another one with tips on hiring independent contractors.

Of course, I am not associated with MTJ, except as a satisfied customer.

David

barry@wolman.prime.com (12/22/90)

My copy of the Winter issue just arrived yesterday, so they seem to be alive.

Last week I realized that I hadn't received either the Fall or Winter
issues and called the phone number in the issue I took away from
MacWorld.  I was concerned when the number I called was disconnected and
thought I was out $40.  I was about to call Citibank to see if I could
get back the subscription that I'd charged.  Now that the new issue has
arrived, I'm feeling a lot better.

Comparing the old and new issues, I see that TechAlliance has moved.  The
new phone numbers and address are:

	MacTech Journal
	19309 West Valley Highway, Suite R1092
	Kent, WA 98032

	Voice:	206/251-5222
	FAX:	206/251-6190

Barry Wolman                      | barry@s66.prime.com
Principal Technical Consultant    | 500 Old Connecticut Path
Prime Computer                    | Framingham, MA 01701