[comp.sys.mac.misc] MacWAREHOUSE Sucks.....

Garance.Drosehn@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Garance Drosehn) (12/27/90)

In article <1990Dec22.063251.28488@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>
           ia4@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Imran Anwar) writes:
> I can imagine them a firm like that missing an overnight shipment once
> in a few thousand deliveries.  But it has happened to me twice in as
> many months.

I have never requested overnight delivery from them, but from my
experience I'd argue with the claim that in your subject.  I've ordered
quite a number of things from them, with only one mixup (and they were
quite helpful in correcting that mixup).  I've been very happy with their
service and the people I've dealt with.

> Shipment had been made only on the supposed day of delivery.  Called
> them again.  No apologies.  I said to cancel the order.  No
> cooperation.  Just refuse to accept it when it arrives.  I explain that
> is not possible as most of us...

If they did actually send out the package, then they can't very well
cooperate in cancelling the order.  Since it's out of their warehouse,
there's nothing that they can cancel.  The advice they gave was, I expect,
the best advice they could give in that situation.  What else did you
think they *could* do?  Call up Federal Express, track down that one
package, and have Federal Express not deliver it?  Do you think Federal
Express is setup for such cancelations?  If you don't want it, then don't
accept it.  Federal Express is certainly set up for that.  Put a note on
your door, saying "I refuse to accept the package coming from
MacWarehouse".  Odds are that if they called up Federal Express, all that
would happen is Federal Express will tell MacWarehouse to tell you that
you should just refuse the package.

My neighbors accept packages for me too, but Federal Express always checks
*my* apartment first.  If *I* leave a note telling them I don't want a
package, they aren't going to run up and down the stairs (or the street)
trying to find someone else who will accept it.  Just leave the note where
they'll see it.

I have no connections to MacWarehouse other than the stuff I order from
them.  It often takes a day longer to get something from them than from
MacConnection, but I hardly think that qualifies as a company that sucks.
The companies that suck are the ones that it takes months to get something
from, or the ones that charge your credit card immediately even when they
have to backorder the things you asked for.  Or ones that can't find your
order at all when you call them up to ask about it.  Or the ones who can't
tell you if the stuff you are ordering is in stock.  I've dealt with mail
order companies that suck, and MacWarehouse doesn't deserve to be grouped
in the same catagory with them.

Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu

--
Garance Drosehn - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Garance.Drosehn