[comp.sys.mac.misc] WANTED - ResEdit primer 1.2

yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) (12/27/90)

	Over Christmas a new version of the ResEdit 2.0 primer replaced the
	old version in info-mac/tech directory in the sumex archive.  I only
	have ResEdit 1.2.  So could some kind soul please send me the 1.2
	version of this program?  Many thanks,

	=Mike
--
= Michael K. Yee		-- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
= OSF/Motif Development

inm501@csc.anu.edu.au (12/27/90)

In article <YEE.90Dec26233727@pmax14.osf.org>, yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) writes:

> 	Over Christmas a new version of the ResEdit 2.0 primer replaced the
> 	old version in info-mac/tech directory in the sumex archive.  I only
> 	have ResEdit 1.2.  So could some kind soul please send me the 1.2
> 	version of this program?  Many thanks,
>
> 	=Mike
> --
> = Michael K. Yee		-- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
> = OSF/Motif Development
> = "I can't give you brains, but I can give you a diploma." -- The Wizard of OZ

	I think the new version is 5.1.  I tried downloading it yesterday.
After I DECODE BINHEX in StuffIt 1.5, it gives me a .sit file without the
normal stuffit file icon.  Could someone tell me what is wrong?

Ida

lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (L. Maurice Riggins) (12/27/90)

In article <1990Dec27.170656.3846@csc.anu.edu.au> inm501@csc.anu.edu.au writes:

>After I DECODE BINHEX in StuffIt 1.5, it gives me a .sit file without the
>normal stuffit file icon.  Could someone tell me what is wrong?

I don't think anything is wrong.  The archive was probably created with
the newer Stuffic Classic or Stuffit Deluxe and your version of Stuffit
doesn't have the new icons for these files.

--
Maurice      INTERNET:    lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (129.92.1.2)

      Opinions expressed here do not reflect those of my employer nor
      constitute an official position of any U.S.Government agency.

Michael.K..Yee@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Michael K. Yee) (12/27/90)

        Over Christmas a new version of the ResEdit 2.0 primer replaced the
        old version in info-mac/tech directory in the sumex archive.  I only
        have ResEdit 1.2.  So could some kind soul please send me the 1.2
        version of this program?  Many thanks,

        =Mike
--
= Michael K. Yee                -- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
= OSF/Motif Development
= "I can't give you brains, but I can give you a diploma." -- The Wizard of
OZ

--
Michael K. Yee - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Michael.K..Yee

d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (12/27/90)

In article <> lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (L. Maurice Riggins) writes:

>>After I DECODE BINHEX in StuffIt 1.5, it gives me a .sit file without the
>>normal stuffit file icon.  Could someone tell me what is wrong?

>I don't think anything is wrong.  The archive was probably created with
>the newer Stuffic Classic or Stuffit Deluxe and your version of Stuffit
>doesn't have the new icons for these files.

Maybe more important; StuffIt 1.5.1 can't decode archives created by
later versions either, which means you'll have to get UnStuffIt 1.6
from any well-known ftp site, such as sumex-aim.stanford or any of
its mirrors (sics.se in Sweden for some of us europeans)

Happy hacking,

								H+
--

Jon W{tte, Stockholm, Sweden, h+@nada.kth.se

inm501@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (inm501) (12/27/90)

writes:

>       Over Christmas a new version of the ResEdit 2.0 primer replaced the
>       old version in info-mac/tech directory in the sumex archive.  I only
>       have ResEdit 1.2.  So could some kind soul please send me the 1.2
>       version of this program?  Many thanks,
>
>       =Mike
> --
> = Michael K. Yee              -- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
> = OSF/Motif Development
> = "I can't give you brains, but I can give you a diploma." -- The Wizard of
OZ

        I think the new version is 5.1.  I tried downloading it yesterday.
After I DECODE BINHEX in StuffIt 1.5, it gives me a .sit file without the
normal stuffit file icon.  Could someone tell me what is wrong?

Ida

--
inm501 - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!inm501

lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (L. Maurice Riggins) (12/28/90)

In article <1990Dec27.150325.12229@nada.kth.se> d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) writes:

|Maybe more important; StuffIt 1.5.1 can't decode archives created by
|later versions either, which means you'll have to get UnStuffIt 1.6
|from any well-known ftp site, such as sumex-aim.stanford or any of
|its mirrors (sics.se in Sweden for some of us europeans)

I've heard of some folks unstuffing at least one of the Stuffit Classic/Deluxe
archives with 1.5.1 by changing the creator from SITD to SIT!.  But then
I downloaded Classic as soon as it came out, so I haven't had to deal with it.

--

L..Maurice.Riggins@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (L. Maurice Riggins) (12/28/90)

In article <1990Dec27.170656.3846@csc.anu.edu.au> inm501@csc.anu.edu.au writes:

>After I DECODE BINHEX in StuffIt 1.5, it gives me a .sit file without the
>normal stuffit file icon.  Could someone tell me what is wrong?

I don't think anything is wrong.  The archive was probably created with
the newer Stuffic Classic or Stuffit Deluxe and your version of Stuffit
doesn't have the new icons for these files.

--
Maurice      INTERNET:    lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (129.92.1.2)

      Opinions expressed here do not reflect those of my employer nor
      constitute an official position of any U.S.Government agency.

--
L. Maurice Riggins - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!L..Maurice.Riggins

Jon.W{tte@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Jon W{tte) (12/28/90)

In article <> lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (L. Maurice Riggins) writes:

>>After I DECODE BINHEX in StuffIt 1.5, it gives me a .sit file without the

>>normal stuffit file icon.  Could someone tell me what is wrong?

>I don't think anything is wrong.  The archive was probably created with
>the newer Stuffic Classic or Stuffit Deluxe and your version of Stuffit
>doesn't have the new icons for these files.

Maybe more important; StuffIt 1.5.1 can't decode archives created by
later versions either, which means you'll have to get UnStuffIt 1.6
from any well-known ftp site, such as sumex-aim.stanford or any of
its mirrors (sics.se in Sweden for some of us europeans)

Happy hacking,

                                                                H+
--

Jon W{tte, Stockholm, Sweden, h+@nada.kth.se

--
Jon W{tte - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Jon.W{tte

L..Maurice.Riggins@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (L. Maurice Riggins) (12/28/90)

In article <1990Dec27.150325.12229@nada.kth.se> d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte)
writes:

IMaybe more important; StuffIt 1.5.1 can't decode archives created by
Ilater versions either, which means you'll have to get UnStuffIt 1.6
Ifrom any well-known ftp site, such as sumex-aim.stanford or any of
Iits mirrors (sics.se in Sweden for some of us europeans)