[comp.sys.mac.misc] .pit files

david@bourbon.ee.tulane.edu (David Kaufmann) (12/31/90)

I've downloaded from sumex some files that have a .pit suffix. How do
I unstuff/make them useable? I have Stuffit Classic and a Gif decoder.
Please e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

David Kaufmann
INTERNET:	david@bourbon.ee.tulane.edu

david@bourbon.ee.tulane.edu (David Kaufmann) (01/01/91)

I want to thank the many, many people who responded (all with the same
answer). If I run into further problems, I'll let you know, but I am
truly grateful and pleased to get such a response. Thanks again.

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (01/01/91)

In article <5532@rex.cs.tulane.edu> david@bourbon.ee.tulane.edu (David Kaufmann) writes:
> I've downloaded from sumex some files that have a .pit suffix. How do
> I unstuff/make them useable?

.pit files are from a very old archiver called "Pack It".  The last
version that I saw was version 3, and that was at least 3 years ago.
At one time, Pack It was at one of the archive sites in binhex format.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john

hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu (David Hairston) (01/01/91)

[john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) writes:]
[] .pit files are from a very old archiver called "Pack It".  The last
[] version that I saw was version 3, and that was at least 3 years ago.
[] At one time, Pack It was at one of the archive sites in binhex format.

Stuffit (1.5.1 or better) has the ability to "Unpack" Pack It, .pit files.

  -dave-
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu