[comp.sys.mac.misc] Which do you like better: Smart Alarms or Alarming Events

jlc@atux01.UUCP (Jim Collymore) (01/04/91)

I am curious as to which program people prefer more and WHY they prefer it:
Smart Alarms by JAM Software, or Alarming Events by CE Software.

Please send me e-mail on what your experiences are with either program and I
will post the responses.

Thanks.

						Jim Collymore

hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) (01/04/91)

++++ jlc@atux01.UUCP (Jim Collymore) [JC>] writes:

JC> I am curious as to which program people prefer more and WHY they prefer it:
JC> Smart Alarms by JAM Software, or Alarming Events by CE Software.

Jim,

FYI - there is a comparison of these two programs in the latest issue
of MacUser (February).

I hope this helps.
-jwh

--
John Hardin, MCC CAD Program | ARPA: hardin@mcc.com | Phone: [512] 338-3535
Box 200195, Austin, TX 78720 | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!milano!cadillac!hardin

Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu (Garance Drosehn) (01/05/91)

In article <149@atux01.UUCP> jlc@atux01.UUCP (Jim Collymore) writes:
> I am curious as to which program people prefer more and WHY they prefer
> it: Smart Alarms by JAM Software, or Alarming Events by CE Software.

Note that the "Zedcor Desk" package comes with a DA called Desk Secretary
which implements similar functions.  Seems to me that there was something
called "Comment" that had these functions in it, and there are also some
shareware utilities.

I used Smart Alarms a long time ago, and currently use the Desk Secretary
part of Zedcor Desk.  I don't know enough about the current versions of
other packages to really compare Desk Secretary to them, though.

Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu

mike@cc.sfu.ca (Mike Dustan) (01/05/91)

In article <149@atux01.UUCP> jlc@atux01.UUCP (Jim Collymore) writes:
> I am curious as to which program people prefer more and WHY they prefer
it:
> Smart Alarms by JAM Software, or Alarming Events by CE Software.

I'm very fond of a shareware DA called Remember? by David Warker. The
original Remember? was somewhat limited and buggy, but the latest (V2.1.1)
is a very nice package. $20 shareware, an extra $5 gets you a disk with
the latest version and some other bits and pieces on it. It's available on
the Info-Mac archives at Sumex and various other sites.

I haven't done a feature-by-feature comparison of Remember? and the
packages you mention, but it certainly does everything I want.