[comp.sys.mac.misc] Bus error with ResEdit 2.1

Greg@AppleLink.apple.com (Greg Marriott) (01/07/91)

In article <YEE.90Dec29232811@pmax14.osf.org> yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee)
writes:
> The other time I get a Bus error is when I tried to edit a fkeys ID
> in ResEdit 2.1.  I get a Bus error.
This problem has been reported and verified (it happens when changing the
ID of any resource, not just FKEYs).  A workaround is to actually open the
resource before doing Get Info to change the ID.  So far this has only
been reported on the LC.  Has anyone else seen this problem on any other
machines?

Greg Marriott
Blue Meanie
Apple Computer, Inc.

yongbum@ragu.berkeley.edu (01/08/91)

>> The other time I get a Bus error is when I tried to edit a fkeys ID
>> in ResEdit 2.1.  I get a Bus error.
>This problem has been reported and verified (it happens when changing the
>ID of any resource, not just FKEYs).  A workaround is to actually open the
>resource before doing Get Info to change the ID.  So far this has only
>been reported on the LC.  Has anyone else seen this problem on any other
>machines?

Another certain way to get a bus error using ResEdit 2.1:

   System 6.0.7
   SE/30
   While editing an ICN# resource, drag the "ICN#" onto the "Mask"
using the hand tool.

I don't know if this happens with other System/Mac combinations.