[comp.sys.mac.misc] NetBunny REPLACED

fwb@pollux.siemens.com (Fred Brehm) (01/09/91)

>Too bad Eveready was reluctant; perhaps the author could modify the
>software to use an un-trademarked and un-copyrighted character.
>
>On a high-speed network, possibly the ether bunny ...

Or, maybe a dog-cow moof(tm)ing its way across the screen.

Fred
--
Frederic W. Brehm	Siemens Corporate Research	Princeton, NJ
fwb@demon.siemens.com	-or-	...!princeton!siemens!demon!fwb

adishian@dorm.rutgers.edu (Aram Adishian) (01/09/91)

fwb@pollux.siemens.com (Fred Brehm) writes:

>Or, maybe a dog-cow moof(tm)ing its way across the screen.

	Hip idea. "Moof --Still Going!"

	You know, it occured to me that someone could just make a Net
Bunny program and forge the posting to an unmoderated newsgroup
without giving him or herself credit and it would go out and Eveready
could not really sue the person becuase they would not know who they
were, but ah heck i am probably getting ahead of myself, advocating
something illegal, or getting out of the spirit of the day.

	Or something like that.

Aram Adishian
adishian@dorm.rutgers.edu
That was my idea not that of Rutgers and heck I just suggested
possibility and did not advocate it. Yes that was a run on sentence.

sobiloff@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (Chrome Cboy) (01/10/91)

In article <48956@siemens.siemens.com> fwb@pollux.siemens.com (Fred Brehm) writes:
>>Too bad Eveready was reluctant; perhaps the author could modify the
>>software to use an un-trademarked and un-copyrighted character.
>>
>>On a high-speed network, possibly the ether bunny ...
>
>Or, maybe a dog-cow moof(tm)ing its way across the screen.

Well, nice idea, but even you (unknowingly?) saw the problem--the dog-cow is
a trademarked item. I guess some folks at DTS could scream and threaten
to strike unless Apple's lawyers let 'em release it for Dean's INIT (hint,
hint! :-), but I'm not going to hold my breath.

BTW, does anyone know if Duracell makes batteries for Mac Pluses? 1/2 :-)

--
Macintosh Values, by Guy Kawasaki
"1) Ask forgiveness, not permission; 2) Placate the people you can't avoid and