[comp.sys.mac.misc] IIsi SCSI woes

souka@uh.msc.umn.edu (Omar Souka) (01/10/91)

Is the IIsi SCSI bus any different from other macs.  I have a two day
old IIsi 5/80 which refuses to boot when any terminated SCSI device is
attached to it (I've tried a Jasmine HD and a Microtech cartridge HD).
Is there something I don't know about or do I have a broken machine.

Omar Souka                              E/Mail:  souka@msc.edu
Minnesota Supercomputer Center          AT&T:    612 625 7890
Minneapolis, MN                         FAX:     612 624 6550

wahasti@PacBell.COM (Bill Hastings) (01/11/91)

In article <3298@uc.msc.umn.edu> souka@msc.edu writes:
>Is the IIsi SCSI bus any different from other macs.  I have a two day
>old IIsi 5/80 which refuses to boot when any terminated SCSI device is
>attached to it (I've tried a Jasmine HD and a Microtech cartridge HD).
>Is there something I don't know about or do I have a broken machine.
>
>Omar Souka                              E/Mail:  souka@msc.edu
>Minnesota Supercomputer Center          AT&T:    612 625 7890
>Minneapolis, MN                         FAX:     612 624 6550

Omar,
Check that the SCSI ID's on the internal and external drives aren't the same.
MacEnvy or SCSIProbe CDEV's can tell you what the internal is (should be 0).
I have a Quantam Pro-80 external (terminated) attached to my si 5/80 and
everything works fine.  SCSI addresses are 0=internal 2=external.  If they're
both set to 0 you wouldn't be able to boot.

Bill