[comp.sys.mac.misc] NetBunny revisited

mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (01/08/91)

  Well, folks, I heard back from Eveready, and they said No.  This means I
can't give out NetBunny.  Sorry dudes.

Dean Yu                            | E-mail:    mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu
Patches 'R' Us                     | Real-mail: Dean Yu
A Division of Cyberite Systems     |            909 Church St Apt C
                                   |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
I'm not the voice of Reason, much  | Phone:     313 662-4073
    less the voice of Cyberite.    |            313 662-4163

forbes@sp11.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) (01/08/91)

mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) writes:
>                                   |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(Eveready flame mode ON)

Usenet to Eveready:  What are you, STUPID?!  Someone's just offered your
company *free* advertising for one of its products, and you don't want it?!

To Dean Yu:  Do you have the name and phone number of the cretin in question
at Eveready so that angry bunnyless netters everywhere can flame this dolt?

Pardon me while I go to the store and buy a *12-pack* of Duracell batteries...

Scott Forbes			BIFF's older brother
strustee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu	Vic-20 for sale, make me an offer!

ho@hoss.unl.edu (Tiny Bubbles...) (01/08/91)

In <1991Jan8.031349.29135@csrd.uiuc.edu> forbes@sp11.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) writes:

>Usenet to Eveready:  What are you, STUPID?!  Someone's just offered your
>company *free* advertising for one of its products, and you don't want it?!

That might very well be the point.  Eveready may not own the rights to the
Bunny commercials -- their creator, Chiat/Day/Mojo, might.  If so, it may
create a legal muck that Eveready doesn't want to wade through for one
ambitious (and humorous) programmer.

More likely, Eveready wouldn't cross the street for Dean Yu, or you, or me.
But that's one possible logical explanation.  They also may be worried about
defamation;  it's a heck of a lot easier to say "no" than to have your
lawyers draft a neat 25-page document making Mr. Yu promise never to use the
bunny in a way that would do a disservice to Eveready, etc., etc., ad
nauseam.  Again, a lot more difficult than crossing the street, and they
probably wouldn't do that.

(I'm not discouraging others from using their power of the pen, but mine will
continue to do the crossword;  I think this may be a lost cause.)
--
        ... Michael Ho, University of Nebraska
Internet: ho@hoss.unl.edu | "Mine... is the last voice that you will ever hear."

jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) (01/08/91)

ho@hoss.unl.edu (Tiny Bubbles...) writes:

>In <1991Jan8.031349.29135@csrd.uiuc.edu> forbes@sp11.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) writes:

>>Usenet to Eveready:  What are you, STUPID?!  Someone's just offered your
>>company *free* advertising for one of its products, and you don't want it?!

>That might very well be the point.  Eveready may not own the rights to the
>Bunny commercials -- their creator, Chiat/Day/Mojo, might.  If so, it may
>create a legal muck that Eveready doesn't want to wade through for one
>ambitious (and humorous) programmer.

Not only that, but from the descriptions of NetBunny posted here and
elsewhere, it looks like it could be VERY annoying if misused.  If one
person on campus got ahold of netBunny, (s)he could really cause a lot
of headaches anywhere on our network, from administrators to
professors to students - it would seem anyone on the Ethernet would be
at risk for that pink rabbit to come marching across the screen!

And if Eveready supported this, it would certainly not be good for
their image.

jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu

cirby@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (((((C.Irby))))) (01/08/91)

In article <834@argosy.UUCP>, freeman@argosy.UUCP (Jay R. Freeman) writes:
> Too bad Eveready was reluctant; perhaps the author could modify the
> software to use an un-trademarked and un-copyrighted character.
>
> On a high-speed network, possibly the ether bunny ...

Or maybe a scanned-in pic of Marty Feldman (as Igor) dancing across
the screen singing "I Ain't Got No Bunny..."

--
C Irby      Internet: cirby@vaxa.acs.unt.edu      Bitnet: cirby@untvax
+ "What's your doctor's name?"  "Dr. Johnson."

hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (01/09/91)

In article <1991Jan8.144949.25796@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) writes:
>ho@hoss.unl.edu (Tiny Bubbles...) writes:
>
>>In <1991Jan8.031349.29135@csrd.uiuc.edu> forbes@sp11.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) writes:
>
>>>Usenet to Eveready:  What are you, STUPID?!  Someone's just offered your
>>>company *free* advertising for one of its products, and you don't want it?!
>
>>That might very well be the point.  Eveready may not own the rights to the
>>Bunny commercials -- their creator, Chiat/Day/Mojo, might.  If so, it may
>>create a legal muck that Eveready doesn't want to wade through for one
>>ambitious (and humorous) programmer.
>
>Not only that, but from the descriptions of NetBunny posted here and
>elsewhere, it looks like it could be VERY annoying if misused.  If one
>person on campus got ahold of netBunny, (s)he could really cause a lot
>of headaches anywhere on our network, from administrators to
>professors to students - it would seem anyone on the Ethernet would be
>at risk for that pink rabbit to come marching across the screen!

Actually, this is not true.  The initiator would  first need physical
access to the machines in order to load the netbunny init.  Once the
init is set up, then the rabbit can be started from any machine on the
net.  But the init must first be added to the target machine's system folder
like any other init.

All this aside I understand Eveready's reluctance given the current
phobia (largely AIDS hysteria induced) over viruses.

Josh

Josh Hodas    		Home Phone:	     (215) 222-7112
4223 Pine Street	School Office Phone: (215) 898-9514
Philadelphia, PA 19104	New E-Mail Address:  hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (01/09/91)

In article <1991Jan8.144949.25796@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) writes:

|Not only that, but from the descriptions of NetBunny posted here and
|elsewhere, it looks like it could be VERY annoying if misused.  If one
|person on campus got ahold of netBunny, (s)he could really cause a lot
|of headaches anywhere on our network, from administrators to
|professors to students - it would seem anyone on the Ethernet would be
|at risk for that pink rabbit to come marching across the screen!

Only if their machine was unprotected such that this mischevious person on
campus could get to it to install the necessary INIT.

Beyond that, NetBunny will not cross AppleTalk zone boundaries.  If it is
started in, say, the "Computer Lab" zone, you don't have to worry about it
walking into the "President's Office" zone, even if the latter zone has
NetBunny installed.

chaz

--
Someone please release me from this trance.
clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu                                       AOL:Crowbone

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (01/09/91)

Why does the figure have to be a Bunny?  Why not the dogcow saying "Moof"?

We have our own culture!

Ken Warner
(Apology: I don't know anything about the dogcow except what I've heard on
the net.)

fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) (01/09/91)

How difficult would it be to erase the "Energizer" off of the side of the drum?
If it's in a PICT file/resource, it doesn't >>SEEM<< to be that difficult. Then
the rest of the joke would be preserved, there would be no messy legal
shenanigans and this whole mess could be forgotten.

So how 'bout it?

Howard Fore   fore@athena.cs.uga.edu    (128.192.4.49)

dmittman@beowulf.JPL.NASA.GOV (David Mittman) (01/09/91)

Eveready is a battery company, not a computer software company, and
as such probably has no experience in the marketing of computer
software. Do they know about Macintosh computers or even use them
in the day-to-day operations of their business? Who knows. However,
they do stand to loose a great deal more than they have to gain
by allowing the use of their mascot.

The Eveready bunny is a highly visible part of the company's current
promotional campaign. The good name of the company could stand
irrevocable damage if NetBunny happens to contain a bug, or even
a small incompatibility with Macintosh system software. In order
to assure the quality of NetBunny, Eveready would have to
enlist a corps of beta-testers and sofware engineers. As we know,
Eveready is not a software company and probably doesn't even know
that much about this whole business.

                                        - David

freeman@argosy.UUCP (Jay R. Freeman) (01/09/91)

Too bad Eveready was reluctant; perhaps the author could modify the
software to use an un-trademarked and un-copyrighted character.

On a high-speed network, possibly the ether bunny ...

                                       -- Jay Freeman

	  <canonical disclaimer -- I speak only for myself>

ho@hoss.unl.edu (Tiny Bubbles...) (01/09/91)

In <1991Jan8.174102.18266@athena.cs.uga.edu> fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:

>How difficult would it be to erase the "Energizer" off of the side of the drum?
>If it's in a PICT file/resource, it doesn't >>SEEM<< to be that difficult. Then

Lotus and Apple have sued for less... :-)
--

francis@wolfman.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) (01/09/91)

In article <1991Jan8.174102.18266@athena.cs.uga.edu> fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:
   How difficult would it be to erase the "Energizer" off of the side
   of the drum?  If it's in a PICT file/resource, it doesn't >>SEEM<<
   to be that difficult. Then the rest of the joke would be preserved,
   there would be no messy legal shenanigans and this whole mess could
   be forgotten.

Unless the Energizer folks are fools, I'm sure that the bunny itself
is a trademark.  As someone else suggested, another image could be
substituted, but then of course the joke is pretty well lost.
--
R David Francis   francis@cis.ohio-state.edu

george@swbatl.sbc.com (George Nincehelser 5-6544) (01/09/91)

In article <FRANCIS.91Jan8144931@wolfman.cis.ohio-state.edu> francis@wolfman.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) writes:

>Unless the Energizer folks are fools, I'm sure that the bunny itself
>is a trademark.  As someone else suggested, another image could be
>substituted, but then of course the joke is pretty well lost.

I don't think that the image of the bunny is all that important.  I don't watch
TV that much, and I've only seen that commercial once or twice, and I've never
found the bunny to be all that humorous.  The bunny is a fad.  A few years
from now, who'll remember it?

I think the net-trekking animation idea is neat on its own.  It would be
especially nice if the animation could be customized...I like the dogcow and
ether bunny ideas....how about a fish from one of the screen saver programs?
Or even a flying toaster, Santa Claus, a witch riding a broom (for halloween,
of course), a turkey for Thanksgiving...all kinds of neat things could be
dreamed up.

Perhaps someone could even think of a practical use for this type of program?

--
   /   George D. Nincehelser           \  uunet!swbatl!george       \
  / /   Southwestern Bell Telephone     \  Phone: (314) 235-6544     \

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (01/09/91)

fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:

> How difficult would it be to erase the "Energizer" off of the side of the dru
> If it's in a PICT file/resource, it doesn't >>SEEM<< to be that difficult. Th
> the rest of the joke would be preserved, there would be no messy legal
> shenanigans and this whole mess could be forgotten.
>
> So how 'bout it?

That would only ease half the problem. The Bunny itself is trademarked as
well, so other than replace it with a generic bunny, Eveready still has your
number, sort of speak.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Software Visionary        UUCP: ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta

mark@orcas.ucsb.edu (Probert's Guest) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan8.174102.18266@athena.cs.uga.edu> fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:
>How difficult would it be to erase the "Energizer" off of the side of the drum?
>If it's in a PICT file/resource, it doesn't >>SEEM<< to be that difficult. Then
>the rest of the joke would be preserved, there would be no messy legal
>shenanigans and this whole mess could be forgotten.

Simply erasing the word Energizer wouldn't cut it.  The idea here is to
interject a non sequitur in an abrupt fashion.  Having a bunny cut across your
video screen is an expression of that idea and is protected by copyright.

A lot of people would be annoyed at the intrusion of Netbunny and since it
is fairly obvious where the idea came from, I think Eveready wouldn't like the
bad feelings generated.

mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (01/10/91)

In article <HLHiV3w163w@tosh.UUCP> tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu (John Starta) writes:
>fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:
>
>> How difficult would it be to erase the "Energizer" off of the side of the dru
>> If it's in a PICT file/resource, it doesn't >>SEEM<< to be that difficult. Th
>> the rest of the joke would be preserved, there would be no messy legal
>> shenanigans and this whole mess could be forgotten.
>>
>> So how 'bout it?
>
>That would only ease half the problem. The Bunny itself is trademarked as
>well, so other than replace it with a generic bunny, Eveready still has your
>number, sort of speak.

  Actually, I'm wondering if it's the actual bunny that's trademarked, or
do they have rights to the idea of a bunny walking across something totally
unrelated?
  A friend of mine gave me a toy bunny that whacks a drum and walks around
like it's drunk yesterday.  It doesn't look anything like EB, so I've been
toying with the idea of filming this bugger wandering around and stealing a
few frames from this and making the Boom Boom Bunny walk across the screen.
Just a thought...

  -- Dean

gwangung@milton.u.washington.edu (Roger Tang) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan9.175754.4231@engin.umich.edu> mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu writes:
!In article <HLHiV3w163w@tosh.UUCP> tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu (John Starta) writes:
!!fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:
!!!How difficult would it be to erase the "Energizer" off of the side of the dru
!!!If it's in a PICT file/resource, it doesn't >>SEEM<< to be that difficult. Th
!!!the rest of the joke would be preserved, there would be no messy legal
!!!shenanigans and this whole mess could be forgotten.
!!That would only ease half the problem. The Bunny itself is trademarked as
!!well, so other than replace it with a generic bunny, Eveready still has your
!!number, sort of speak.
!  Actually, I'm wondering if it's the actual bunny that's trademarked, or
!do they have rights to the idea of a bunny walking across something totally
!unrelated?

	Definitely not.  Make it a bunny with a snare drum, make it a dogcow,
make it a different looking bunny (ala Roger Rabbit or Bugs Bunny), make
it even a Tenniel rabbit (ala ALICE IN WONDERLAND) and you simply won't
have any problem.

	Check with a lawyer to get an idea on the exact boundary on what's
legal and what isn't, but if you change it fairly drastically, it ain't
gonna be actionable for Everready.....

george@swbatl.sbc.com (George Nincehelser 5-6544) (01/10/91)

In article <gTHiV4w163w@tosh.UUCP> tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu (John Starta) writes:
>bskendig@dae.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) writes:
>
>> Is it really possible to trademark `a pink bunny holding a drum'?
>
>You bet!

Just a thought, but do you suppose Eveready got permission to use a bunny with
a drum from the writers/owners of the comic strip "Pogo"?  If memory serves
correctly, the two are not dis-similar.

--

jsp@key.COM (James Preston) (01/10/91)

In article <5120@idunno.Princeton.EDU> bskendig@dae.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) writes:
>Is it really possible to trademark `a pink bunny holding a drum'?
>
>Sounds like an argument closely akin to `you can't burn a flag'.  ;)

No, no, it sounds more like trying to copyright the "look and feel" of a
user interface that uses windows, menus, and a mouse.  And we all know how
silly THAT would be . . .

--James Preston

fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) (01/10/91)

>Simply erasing the word Energizer wouldn't cut it.  The idea here is to
>interject a non sequitur in an abrupt fashion.  Having a bunny cut across your
>video screen is an expression of that idea and is protected by copyright.
>
>A lot of people would be annoyed at the intrusion of Netbunny and since it
>is fairly obvious where the idea came from, I think Eveready wouldn't like the
>bad feelings generated.

But the "idea" of the Energizer bunny isn't just an abrupt intrusion. The bunny
isn't cast across a Firestone commercial, or across a Maalox or Tums ad. It is
interrupting a "FAKE" ad. The products don't exist - yet (though, a Helga
Christmas is exciting :-)  ).

I agree with the free advertising viewpoint. This is just more exposure.
And don't the toy bunnies that are sold that resemble the commercial, annoy
some people?

.

Howard Fore   fore@athena.cs.uga.edu    (128.192.4.49)

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan9.175754.4231@engin.umich.edu> mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu writes:

>  Actually, I'm wondering if it's the actual bunny that's trademarked, or
>do they have rights to the idea of a bunny walking across something totally
>unrelated?
>  A friend of mine gave me a toy bunny that whacks a drum and walks around
>like it's drunk yesterday.  It doesn't look anything like EB, so I've been
>toying with the idea of filming this bugger wandering around and stealing a
>few frames from this and making the Boom Boom Bunny walk across the screen.
>Just a thought...
>
>  -- Dean

Dean,

Last night I got a catalog in the mail called "things you never thought
exsisted" and on the back page was a pink bunny with sunglasses and it bangs a
drum. Its made of plastic and its not a stuffed animal.  It looks like the EB
but the drum looks a little different and it doesn't say energizer anywhere on
the guy. In the text of the ad it mentions the "TV bunny" but it doesn't say
energizer nor does it mention any copyright information. So I guess that they
(the makers of this bunny some import outfit) are getting away with making a
"look and feel" copy of the EB.

Also why didn't you just use a standard "PICT" resource? That would
make it easy to change. I see a lot of useful things that can be done with
your hack.

Keep up the good work and is there any chance of you donating some of your
tricks to the next version of the UMPG? I would really like to know how you
did this. :-)

Matthew Mora                |  my Mac  Matt_Mora@QM.SRI.COM
SRI International           |  my SUN   mxmora@unix.sri.com

brentb@nuchat.sccsi.com (Brent Burton) (01/10/91)

OK, so they(Eveready) don't want NetBunny out there.  So don't use THEIR BUNNY.
Digitize another bunny.  Draw a drum on it, and <poof!>, bunny a la drum.

This shouldn't cause any probs with their bunny.  Wait!  What about using their
bunny, but recoloring it GREEN?  Is that OK?

Personally, I'd like to have a copy of this init, leave out whichever pics
are needed, andI'll put a lizard or something in it instead...

Just a few ideas,
Brent

boris@world.std.com (Boris Levitin) (01/10/91)

jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) writes:
>from the descriptions of NetBunny posted here and
>elsewhere, it looks like it could be VERY annoying if misused.  If one
>person on campus got ahold of netBunny, (s)he could really cause a lot
>of headaches anywhere on our network, from administrators to
>professors to students - it would seem anyone on the Ethernet would be
>at risk for that pink rabbit to come marching across the screen!
>And if Eveready supported this, it would certainly not be good for
>their image.

Of course, involuntary network infestation of a Mac is impossible.  NetBunny
requires an INIT on a machine before the former can "infest" the latter.

dswt@stl.stc.co.uk (Stewart Tansley) (01/10/91)

In the referenced article george@swbatl.sbc.com (George Nincehelser 5-6544) writes:
>In article <FRANCIS.91Jan8144931@wolfman.cis.ohio-state.edu> francis@wolfman.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) writes:
>>
>>Unless the Energizer folks are fools, I'm sure that the bunny itself
>>is a trademark.  As someone else suggested, another image could be
>>substituted, but then of course the joke is pretty well lost.
>
>I don't think that the image of the bunny is all that important.  I don't watch
>TV that much, and I've only seen that commercial once or twice, and I've never
>found the bunny to be all that humorous.
>
>I think the net-trekking animation idea is neat on its own.

Hear, hear! George is absolutely right here.

As a Brit, I have absolutely no idea what the US commercial is all about & the
origins of the Bunny -- but I *know* I need the Bunny & I need it *now*!

*Please* give us the goddam Bunny -- *functionality* at least. A dogcow would
be just fine!

Thanks for listening,

Stewart Tansley     | STC Technology Ltd              |  'Be cool, or be
                    | London Rd, Harlow, CM17 9NA, UK |    cast out...'
dswt@stl.stc.co.uk  | +44 279 429531 x2763            | Subdivisions, Rush
   'You know how that rabbit feels - going under your spinning wheels...'

sandy@snoopy.cs.umass.edu (& Wise) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan10.001659.757@athena.cs.uga.edu> fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:

   > But the "idea" of the Energizer bunny isn't just an abrupt
   > intrusion. The bunny isn't cast across a Firestone commercial, or
   > across a Maalox or Tums ad. It is interrupting a "FAKE" ad.  The
   > products don't exist - yet (though, a Helga Christmas is exciting
   > :-) ).

At the beginning of the campaign, the bunny was across real ads (e.g.,
the old "Purina Cat Chow (Chow Chow Chow)" from the 70's).  I wonder
if they had agreements with the advertisers for use of these old ads,
or if they stopped using them and started making "fakes" over legal
disputes...
        /s
--
Alexander Erskine Wise /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Software Development Laboratory
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ WISE@CS.UMASS.EDU /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

brentb@nuchat.sccsi.com (Brent Burton) (01/11/91)

As George wrote:

>I think the net-trekking animation idea is neat on its own.  It would be
>especially nice if the animation could be customized...I like the dogcow and
>ether bunny ideas....how about a fish from one of the screen saver programs?
>Or even a flying toaster, Santa Claus, a witch riding a broom (for halloween,
>of course), a turkey for Thanksgiving...all kinds of neat things could be
>dreamed up.
>
>Perhaps someone could even think of a practical use for this type of program?
>
>   /   George D. Nincehelser           \  uunet!swbatl!george       \

Practical use?  WHAT are you talking about?  The only practical use for this
is to interrupt others' work.  Let's get this program OUT and IN USE!!

In my earlier posting, I mentioned I would like to use my own pics, such as
a lizard or something.  Is this program actually written, or is it just an
IDEA right now?  If it's tangible, please send out a de-pict'ed version of it.

Brent

george@swbatl.sbc.com (George Nincehelser 5-6544) (01/11/91)

In article <SANDY.91Jan10110123@snoopy.cs.umass.edu> sandy@snoopy.cs.umass.edu (& Wise) writes:
>At the beginning of the campaign, the bunny was across real ads (e.g.,
>the old "Purina Cat Chow (Chow Chow Chow)" from the 70's).  I wonder
>if they had agreements with the advertisers for use of these old ads,
>or if they stopped using them and started making "fakes" over legal
>disputes...

It's probably because Eveready and Purina are related.  I'm not sure how, but
I'm pretty sure that it is Purina that owns Eveready.

--

billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Bollinger) (01/14/91)

In article <6RY^!D^@rpi.edu>, luigi@aix03.aix.rpi.edu (John L Luigi Giasi) writes:
> Why not have Dean incorporate a company for the product "Netbunny"
> sell the company to his dog and distribute the product for profit.
> Then Eveready mightt sue this company (and his dog) and in a few years
> they could recieve all the profits and any "damages", the company files
> Chapter 11, or just relinqueshes control to eveready. Dean still gets
> recognition for writting the witty piece of software and a wee tad of fame
> (what we all wish hours behind a Mac might get us), net-types and others
> get a bit of fun injected into a day at the Mac, and Eveready has to sue a dog.

Better yet, since Dean doesn't have a dog... Dean can buy a pet bunny and
give the company to him.  Then, he can sell his pet bunny to some poor,
unsuspecting sucker, possibly Bill Gates, and be off totally scott-free.

I can see it now,
"Bunnies 'n' Stuff, was spun off from its parent company, Cyberite Systems,
today.  Financial prospects are limited, since BnS is currently involved in
litigation with Eveready Battery Corp.  'Things look bad, but we had to give
it a shot' said Sniffles, CEO of BnS."

Steve Bollinger                    | E-mail:    billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu
GooCo                              | Real-mail: Steve Bollinger
A Division of Cyberite Systems     |            909 Church St Apt C
                                   |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
I am the Lorax,                    | Phone:     313 662-4073
    I speak for the trees.         |            313 662-4163

Bruce.Hoult@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (01/14/91)

Stewart Tansley writes:
>As a Brit, I have absolutely no idea what the US commercial is all
>about & the origins of the Bunny -- but I *know* I need the Bunny
>& I need it *now*!

Here in New Zealand, I saw some of the bunny ads on the British show
"Saturday Night Clive"  (note to Americans: the "C" is *not* a typo).

Perhaps you aren't a fan of Mr James?
--
Bruce.Hoult@bbs.actrix.gen.nz   Twisted pair: +64 4 772 116
BIX: brucehoult                 Last Resort:  PO Box 4145 Wellington, NZ