[comp.sys.mac.misc] Do you guys really want a Net<Insert your favourite animal>?

mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (01/10/91)

  Judging from the number of followups there have been and the number of
messages I get regarding NetBunny, it seems that everyone wants it anyway.  I
do feel really bad for not being able to give it out.
  Some of you suggested that I remove the bunny images and give out a shell
that people can just plop their own pictures into.  I have no problems with
this, but at the moment, the NetBunny code has a bunch of hard coded numbers
in there so any pictures put in would have to follow my dimensions and
coordinates exactly.
  If you don't mind this added restraint (I will supply the numbers you need
to follow of course), I'll take out the bunny and let NetWhatever out to the
world.
  It occurs to me that I could make the code a little more generic so it can
accept pictures of any size.  It wouldn't take too long, but things are rather
hectic these days, and I don't know when I'll have the time to do that...
  What'll it be?

  -- Dean

Dean Yu                            | E-mail:    mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu
Patches 'R' Us                     | Real-mail: Dean Yu
A Division of Cyberite Systems     |            909 Church St Apt C
                                   |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
I'm not the voice of Reason, much  | Phone:     313 662-4073
    less the voice of Cyberite.    |            313 662-4163

mings@cs.uoregon.edu (Ming Yau So) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan10.155311.1256@engin.umich.edu> mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) writes:

>  Judging from the number of followups there have been and the number of
>messages I get regarding NetBunny, it seems that everyone wants it anyway.  I
>do feel really bad for not being able to give it out.
>  Some of you suggested that I remove the bunny images and give out a shell
>that people can just plop their own pictures into.  I have no problems with
>this, but at the moment, the NetBunny code has a bunch of hard coded numbers
>in there so any pictures put in would have to follow my dimensions and
>coordinates exactly.
>  If you don't mind this added restraint (I will supply the numbers you need
>to follow of course), I'll take out the bunny and let NetWhatever out to the
>world.

   [Studd deleted]

Hey, Dean, I don't mind the restraint, please distribute the NetWhatever asap.
Thanks !

   Ming Yau So                        |         Macross VS Gundam
   Internet: mings@cs.uoregon.edu     | Which one do you think is better ?
   AOL: Ming So                       |------------------------------------

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (01/14/91)

In article <1991Jan10.155311.1256@engin.umich.edu> Dean Yu writes:
|  Judging from the number of followups there have been and the number of
|messages I get regarding NetBunny, it seems that everyone wants it anyway.

I'd work on it a bit more...  Making it a bit more generic would also give
you more time to get some of the bugs out.  It seems to crash or hang all
of the machines I've ever tried it on...  :-(

--
	Roger L. Long
	bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan10.155311.1256@engin.umich.edu>
mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) writes:
> If you don't mind this added restraint (I will supply the numbers you
need
> to follow of course), I'll take out the bunny and let NetWhatever out to
the
> world.

Hear, hear!

Anybody got a picture of a snark?