[comp.sys.mac.misc] GOFER and IIfx

minsky@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Marvin Minsky) (01/14/91)

My GOFER gets stuck, repeats on the same file, at high speed.  It says
"unavailable" in the last co;umn (after file type).  This is since I
upgraded main board from MacII to IIfx.  Anyone else have this problem?

minsky@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Marvin Minsky) (01/15/91)

In article <4867@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> minsky@media-lab.media.mit.edu (Marvin Minsky) writes:
>My GOFER gets stuck, repeats on the same file, at high speed.  It says
>"unavailable" in the last co;umn (after file type).  This is since I
>upgraded main board from MacII to IIfx.  Anyone else have this problem?

Well, two other respondents reported no trouble like this.  So I
reloaded systems and found that GOFER did indeed work on my internal
(QUANTUM 80) disk and on one of two other hard disks out on the SCSI
bus -- but it fails on my main external ALLIANCE disk.  Any theories?
I asked Microlytics (mfgr of GOFER) but they had not heard of this
bug.  (The program itself is running on that disk, which is my normal
boot disk.)