[comp.sys.mac.misc] Gateway to Zmac?!?

waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire) (01/13/91)

I am sure this has been asked before, but I've never had the need before.  Back
to the point...is there a gateway to Zmac??  I would like to be able to e-mail
some friends there.

Thanks in advance!

--
Timothy A. Waire, Jr. (Whitegold)           Executive Office of the President
INTERNET: waire@seas.gwu.edu                Office of Management & Budget

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (01/14/91)

waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire) writes:

TAW> I am sure this has been asked before, but I've never had the
TAW> need before. Back to the point...is there a gateway to Zmac??
TAW> I would like to be able to e-mail some friends there.

Despite the fact that you're from GW, I'll help.  :-)  (Went there, for a few
years; check the records...me 'n' them, we didn't get along so great...)

ZMAC is Ziff-Davis Publishing's area on CompuServe.  It serves those interested
in MacWEEK- and MacUser-related information.  Since it's on CIS, everyone there
should have a CIS user ID.  Get your friends' CIS user ID #s, then mail them
at:

user.ID@compuserve.com

where user.ID is the same number as the CIS ID, except where the CIS ID is separated
by a comma, you need to separate it with a period.  I'm 70721,504 on CIS, so
you'd mail me at 70721.504@compuserve.com.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (01/17/91)

waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire) writes:

> I am sure this has been asked before, but I've never had the need before.  Ba
> to the point...is there a gateway to Zmac??  I would like to be able to e-mai
> some friends there.

Since Zmac is effectively just another forum on CompuServe, just use the
CompuServe<->Internet gateway. To do so, replace the comma in the CIS
address (i.e., 7xxxx,yyy) with a period and then add @compuserve.com. The
result will be 7xxxx.yyy@compuserve.com.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Software Visionary        UUCP: ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta