[comp.sys.mac.misc] NetBunny Nightmare

Cole Bader (01/16/91)

HELP!

  After months (well, weeks, ok days ...) of searching for NetBunny all over
the country, I finally found a copy of version 1.0b2 and popped it in my system
folder, checked init/cdev 3.0 and restarted my mac.
But no NetBunny!
Nothing has happened to my machine!
Is there a compatibility problem?  I run a IICX with 5megs, System 6.0.5,
Finder 6.1.5, Multifinder 6.0.3, MacinTalk, and _tons_ of inits/cdevs.
I want my NetBunny! -)

Any ideas?

--Cole Bader
crbader@dorms.princeton.edu
---------------------------

p.s. what is NetBunny supposed to do anyway?  --))

myhui@bnr.ca (Michael Hui) (01/16/91)

In article <5396@idunno.Princeton.EDU> crbader@dorms.princeton.edu writes:
>p.s. what is NetBunny supposed to do anyway?  --))

Being a casual Mac user (only for docs) and a devote rabbit lover
(I raise them as pets) I am sure _piqued_ about this thing.

What is it anyway ???

Michael M Y Hui   myhui@bnr.ca

francis@uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (01/17/91)

In article <1991Jan16.171053.18540@engin.umich.edu> mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) writes:

   In article <3060@ux.acs.umn.edu> clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) writes:
   >Now, Dean, I have a question.  How does one stop the rabbit?  The only way I've
   >found is to reboot the machine it's currently on.

     Heh heh heh...  I'll never tell...  ;)  There is a really easy way to stop
   it...  Find yourself a copy of MacsBug, disassemble the driver and it'll be
   really obvious.

     -- Dean

You've *got* to be kidding.

Okay, guessing time.  Animal, vegetable, or mineral?

Does it involve closing the driver?

BTW, I can't get it to run, either.  MF, IIcx, 6.0.5.

| Francis Stracke		| My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|
| University of Chicago		| Until you stalk and overrun,	     	      |
| francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu	|  you can't devour anyone. -- Hobbes 	      |